Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I dont have the cash to get another engine or else id get it . So thanks for the suggestions on that. I have a d17a1 and Im tryng to do a d17a2 head swamp but i dont know exacly what to do and how much it will cost me . Or any other cheaper suggestion that can bump up my cars hp ? :wheelchair:

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
For a head swap, you need a head gasket, Ex head, Ex harness(or add VTEC wires) and Ex ECU(matched to year of your car since 01-03 use o2 and 04-05 an a/f sensor). You'll also need to flash the ECU to your key at the dealer.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
You also want to think about doing some preventative maintenance like timing belt, water pump, change oil and coolant, spark plugs and things like that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
honestly dude im not discouraging you but for the money and work for an A1 to A2 head swap your not gonna be happy the D17 is a horrible platform in my opinion. not alot of aftermarket support, and def not a good base for power... just from experience with them.
great DD cars but id save up and find an older (EF,EG) and go from there much better platform engines and MUCH lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts