Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Civic Ex SE
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a full exhaust in my car and it sounds good but it also sounds like air is escaping the pipes. i know this is not happening because all the gaskets are in place and you cannot feel anything coming out of them. more noticeable from the inside of the car. any ideas? could it be that adding more exhaust makes the intake work more and suck more air? any response will be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
Civic
36 Posts
When your driving your car under load or regularly does it sound like it makes a farting noise or a bubbling noise then you have an exhaust leak. Thats how my friends was. Check your gaskets to make sure there not cracked or warped. Other wise if you cant feel a leak you probably don't have one. Exhaust also have a break in period.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Ex SE
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found the problem. apparently ebay headers do this. will keep til i boost.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Ex SE
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
checked that. the cars stock one was 2 small but the one that came with it is perfect.

·
Registered
2005 Civic Ex SE
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea all gaskets in place. no holes in exhaust. one of the screws on the headers is not as tight as it could be because it is hard to remove. could that cause issues?

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Easiest way to check is just get the car up a little leave it running and run your hand down the length of the piping, especially paying attention to welds and flanges. You should be able to feel a little "puffing" at idle comin' out from any holes. Another way would be to make a water and soap solution in a spray bottle and spray down all the welds/flanges and then start the car...if any leaks are present, they should bubble a little at the site.

·
Registered
174 Posts
mine sounded the same when i was running the megan down pipe. i noticed i lost some low end torque and had inspection coming up soon so i had the resonator on the down pipe cut out and replaced with a magnaflow cat and it corrected both problems by creating a little more back pressure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts