Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there everyone,

I've looked around the internet, haven't found anything yet. But I would like to swap out my D17A2. K series was the biggest mention by everyone, but is it possible to still keep the automatic transmission? or is there another swap that would be better suited where I could keep it automatic? even if it involves swapping the trans too, I'm fine with that. Thanks for any help you guys can offer/links you can share.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
It is by far much easier to get more grunt out of the D17 than it is to swap another automatic setup into it.

Follow the simple d16y8 intake swap guides available, you will want to source an automatic civic ex 96-98 intake manifold to avoid the air injection holes, 96-00 auto EX civic throttlebody, and grab some k series TPS and MAP adaptor harnesses. Swap the outside wires of the TPS, and everything will plug and play. The d16 IACV plugs right into the d17 harness, as does the fuel inejctors.

For best results, find a way to reuse the d17 fuel injectors and fuel rail to maintain the returnless fuel setup, and to use the 4hole injectors rather than the crappy single hole d16 injectors.

pirate garage on youtube did a couple videos showing this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there a particular reason you want to keep it auto?
I know it's silly to want to stay auto. I'm still learning stick, and for now I need to be able to get to work and back without too much trouble ;) also, the female companion doesn't drive stick so if she needs to use the car she would be out of luck. It also just seems easier to swap to another auto than to a manual.

It is by far much easier to get more grunt out of the D17 than it is to swap another automatic setup into it.

Follow the simple d16y8 intake swap guides available, you will want to source an automatic civic ex 96-98 intake manifold to avoid the air injection holes, 96-00 auto EX civic throttlebody, and grab some k series TPS and MAP adaptor harnesses. Swap the outside wires of the TPS, and everything will plug and play. The d16 IACV plugs right into the d17 harness, as does the fuel inejctors.

For best results, find a way to reuse the d17 fuel injectors and fuel rail to maintain the returnless fuel setup, and to use the 4hole injectors rather than the crappy single hole d16 injectors.

pirate garage on youtube did a couple videos showing this.
Thank you for this, I'll look into it all and see what i can make happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.