Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
d17a2 block z6 head in a o3 ex. Iknow the head will bolt on the block but my question is what about all the sensors on the intake mani and the cam timming stuff behind the cam gear on the stock a2 will it work on the z6?

The car hopefully will keep the stock ecu and obd 2.

I am doing this cause the d17a2 head sucks has small ports and the head flange for intake mani and exhaust sucks ass, there is nothing for it. The z6 on the other hand has everything going for it, not o mention the d16 and d17 blocks are almost identical.

Question is will it work cause if it will ill make a diy and post it up. i just need to make sure about the electronics.

Also assuming this will work cam i use the d17a2 cam in the z6 head to keep the a2 electronics?

·
Registered
1971 VW Super Beetle
1,107 Posts
d17a2 block z6 head in a o3 ex. Iknow the head will bolt on the block but my question is what about all the sensors on the intake mani and the cam timming stuff behind the cam gear on the stock a2 will it work on the z6?

The car hopefully will keep the stock ecu and obd 2.

I am doing this cause the d17a2 head sucks has small ports and the head flange for intake mani and exhaust sucks ass, there is nothing for it. The z6 on the other hand has everything going for it, not o mention the d16 and d17 blocks are almost identical.

Question is will it work cause if it will ill make a diy and post it up. i just need to make sure about the electronics.
D17 blocks are the same dimensionally as a d16 block but their oil and water passages are different and don't quite line up with the d16 ones. There was one thread of a guy trying to make it work but I don't think it ever did. What you could do because you already have a d17 is buy a d16 block and put your d17 internals in it so you can use a z6 or y8 head or whatever.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
The only electronics in the head would be the cam sensor. It's not bolt-on; you'll need a custom bracket and may have to grind that "tab" on the side of the cam gear.

I'm not sure about the VTEC heads, but the non-VTEC cams are interchangeable which would allow you to use the corresponding cam gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts