Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello D-series!

My sister recently received a free 2001 Civic DX, with a d17a1 (at) that has a rod knock.

We ordered a reman engine, but they sent us a d17a2 Vtec instead. My question is, can we make it work? Can we swap the top end D17a1 onto the D17a2 block? Is it possible?

Thanks for your help!

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Yes, I have the exact opposite of that in my 05 right now and everything works good. You might get a little compression bump from the pistons being slightly different but that's it. I would just check to make sure the crank pulley and everything is the same.

EDIT: If you ordered a reman from a company then tell them the mistake and they will fix it, of not you will void the warranty swapping heads around and possibly ruin your core fee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we're going to try and make them fix their mistake first. But in-case all else fails, I was just curious if we can make it work. Thank you for the quick reply! If anyone else has some more light to shed on the topic feel free.

PS, LKQ reman inc is a joke!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's about what we paid. I said remand' but I meant used from a dismantler. LKQ online to be exact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts