Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know if u can get 200 whp out of a d17a2 with only $1500 bucks????( start out stock)

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya but turbo kit is like 3500 and im only lookin to spend 1500 thats a big difference...im pretty much looking for advice on the most power for my buck.

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say a 75 shot of nitrous would do the trick and shit a 75 shot would be hard to hurt that engine.
r u serious a 75 shot on stock everything???? that sounds like trouble...the only thing i would do with the nitrous is an intake and spark plugs+wires...mabey injectors...anything else i need???/

·
Registered
HONDA CIVIC,COUPE
40 Posts
that shot sound pretty nice

i recomendo you:

Cai
header
catback 2.5
clutch ACT stage 3 with fidanza flywheel
and 75 shot NOS

and you be aviable to punch those 200hp

good luck with keep me on touch with those 1500 bucks!

·
Registered
2005 Civic EX SE 2dr
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya a 75 shot sounds straight...i neeed a site where i can get everything exept the bottle and bottle warmer cause i got those( nitrous express 10lb)...plus this motor got 71,000 miles on it...is that still straight??/

·
Registered
1 Posts
not really ive just put in alotmof money into mine, i had the block built bored .20 over forged pistons, sleeved, rods, crank, head was ported and polished with bigger valves, camshaft, arp head bolts ( they dont make them for 7th gens but the d16 head bolts fit i talked to arp about this), cosmetic head gasket from nippon, ive spent a little over 2500 just for the block to get it turbo ready,thats not including the head but good luck, but the only problem is when you are on a budget of 1500 things are bound to go wrong....just dont buy any cheap turbo kits from ebay promise you will have serious problems

·
Premium Member
Red '95 EX
1,066 Posts
research a little first about your motor and its potential. and 71k is still kinda low mileage so you'll prob be fine, its pretty much broken in by now. but i would do compression tests and replace gaskets and some internals first before piecing together any turbo kit or NOS kit. just for the peace of mind factorz

·
Registered
Honda Civic
213 Posts
There's a guy selling a complete kit over on 7thgen for 1500:

This kit will include the following:
Garret GT25RBB Turbo internally wastegated (so shaft play what so ever) - $400
HKS Cast Log style Manifold - $200
SRT4 Injectors (Stage 1, Blue tops, 544cc i believe) - $60
Fast-Turbo Full Oil Line Set - $75
AEM UEGO Wideband 02 controller w/ sensor - $195
Prosport Electronic Boost gauge - $100
Generic Intercooler - $150
2.25" Generic Intercooler Piping - $200
Mickey Mouse Gauge Bezel - $20
PCS XFC Engine Managment with PNP harness and I'll provide the 3 Maps clint just sent me. - $300

Full kit - $1500

He's been try to get rid if the kit for almost a year. His username is Cenz on 7thgenho da.com. I can get u pics if you want

·
Registered
My Civic
861 Posts
ya but turbo kit is like 3500 and im only lookin to spend 1500 thats a big difference...im pretty much looking for advice on the most power for my buck.

------

man u crazy? EGAY kits are like 600 dollars.

really, turbo kits r cheap, just depend on what type of turbo you plan to use, i would personally say, use a t25, its quick, not very efficient in the higher rpm range, but its quick

intercooler pipeing plus cooler = 250 egay.

oil return/feed kit egay = 100 - 150.

then header = 80 - 150 depends on the header (egay)

550, at max with out turbo

then u can use a turbo from a dsm, or buy a egay turbo ruffly 100 - 250

800 with turbo.

chipped p28 or p06 i forgot priceing i think 150 chipped, unless if you got a ecu already then its cheaper. ( most d series ) im not positive on a d17

$950

some injectors from a dsm, 150 on a high day

$1100

--------

boost gauge - $35 - $75 depending.

AEM Wideband ( i just got one ) - $200

plus a dash pillar - 35

------

oh and i forgot a dump tube, $100 if you have one made, or you may make your own for cheaper, but less of a headache go get one maid.

--------
then tuneing, if you have no idea how to tune, you're kinda S-O-L.
find either a friend, or someone who knows how to do it cheaply lol.

thats if you piece it togher one by one... cheap way out of it.

oh yea don't forget the 30 pack of budlight

$25

:bigok:
----------

also one reason i don't prefer nos, it is like crack man, once u use it, then you will want more, then more, then you car wont run with out it, n ect, not to mention by the time u fill up the bottle enough times, you will be glad you got a turbo kit.

gotta have the cash to go fast :p

let us know what ya do.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^i guess some of us don't read the post...kinda makes you wonder "why even bother?" u know?
yes but fuel management for this car is not cheap. you cant run a 100$ chipped ecu.
for those that are persentant apon pushing the OP to get a turbo kit, you need to know about the 7th gen d-series engine, also known as the bastard engine of d-series...two HUGE problems with this engine and engine management:
1. no return fuel line, this problem has been addressed, but still need to money to address it.
2. the ECu is obdiib which, if you don't know, cannot be chipped and must be replaced with something like kpro or the aem managment unit, niether of which are cheap...

so lets recap, you all think he should buy a turbo kit for about 100-1500 dollars right? ok fine still within the budget, but what about tuning? aem management is 1k out of the box...that won't work, and kpro is pretty close to that price as well...but aren't we forgetting something? o yea that's right, the lack of a return fuel line promotes a costly problem...hmmmm...i think we have busted the OP budget here, and we haven't even got to tune the damn thing yet...way to go guys, maybe you should read before posting :roll:

/rant

OP- sorry about that, a 75 shot of nitrous will be fine when used correctly and in moderation...and listen to speedfoos he knows what he is talking about, especially when it comes to 7th gen civics...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts