Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i need to know this. If the D17 EX Block is the same as an D17 LX Block. I know the head is diffrent. I have an EX head already. I can buy a LX engine for about 275-300$.

I have new rods K1 and Wiesco 75.5mm Pistons going in it. I just need to know if they are the same or not.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
you can use either block from my understanding.

the rods length and crank are the same. pistons might have minor differences but ur installing forged so who cares

·
Registered
1966 Volvo
3,608 Posts
Dan hit it, blocks are identical aside from the stamp. Pistons on the A2 are slightly different than the A1 - slightly higher compression - but that's it. Hell the heads are the same casting except the that VTEC oil passage isn't drilled out and the rocker assembly is different.

·
Registered
2004 Civic EX
58 Posts
Not to theard jack but is there a differance in the years of engines, like is one a better casting than another? i didnt think there is but i was just wondering.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,871 Posts
Not to theard jack but is there a differance in the years of engines, like is one a better casting than another? i didnt think there is but i was just wondering.

im assumeing that you mean things like how the 88-89 a6 blocks have steel crank caps and 90-91 doesnt

if so then,
no thay are the same as far as i know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts