Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
it all depends on what your goals are, and how much you wanna spend!! i had a 02 civic ex d17 and turboed it and wasnt happy i out down 165hp on 4 lbs, but i spent alota $ on my turbo kit. this was back when there wasnt a kit out there i had to piece mine together

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d17a1 turbo specs

isn't there anybody who has seen or turboed a d17a1? or have d17a2's been tuboed? getting frustrated...... what turbo would be ideal for a d17a1? cuz i'm getting a turbo off a sr20det which is a t8, will it fit?

·
Registered
120 Posts
it is a t25 on a sr20det. i turboed my d17a2 with a t3/t4, which was to big for the stock motor. i wouldnt plan on running more than 9 lbs of boost to it without getting a new intake manifold, my plastic one broke at about 10 lbs. Your stock injectors can handle about 5lbs if you want more boost youll need bigger 1's. thats about all i can think of off the top of my head post any ques you have ill check back

·
Registered
29 Posts
isn't there anybody who has seen or turboed a d17a1? or have d17a2's been tuboed? getting frustrated...... what turbo would be ideal for a d17a1? cuz i'm getting a turbo off a sr20det which is a t8, will it fit?
my buddies making a 350whp on 21lbs, but thats ona d17a2. Im in the process of finishing my setup. The only thing I need is my cam. then I'll break the motor in and slap my kit on. If you build your block and take the right steps you can make decent power reliably on the d17's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts