Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i aquired a D17 valvecover for free from work and i noticed the extra large opening on top of the valve cover!

I thought "wow this is perfect for boost" only problem was does it fit d16 head???? well i figured it out and it does...fits perfect....

cleaned the bitch up! the studs sticking up are for the Coil over setup on the D17s....i just used some muscle and plyers to twist them out...Also! u have to plug the little hole thats next to the
upper right stud that bolts the valvecover to the head...its where the oil dipstick on the d17s go i beleieve...

this is the difference in the size of hoses i used...the small one was of coarse the one i used with the old valvecover.....
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

when im boosting my motor loves me even more now, because its not as "constipated" :)
Ques, comments?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I saw one at the yard awhile ago and thought about that.Should have grabbed it.14 dollars beats the 45 I paid for welding 2 bungs on mine.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I saw one at the yard awhile ago and thought about that.Should have grabbed it.14 dollars beats the 45 I paid for welding 2 bungs on mine.
Holy shit, did that include the cost of the bungs too or just labor?

Good find, I already welded bungs on to mine also, besides I need two lines to use my catch can.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Put the coilpacks on there too ;)

All you need is a distributor circuit.
please explain ive allways wanted to do coil packs on a d16.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
FUCK! lol. I wanted to do this awhile ago; but was told the valvecover does not fit.
pretty sure there is a guy on hmt running that vc on his y7 head.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
please explain ive allways wanted to do coil packs on a d16.
All the distributor does is direct the spark to the correct spark plug - it knows which plug comes next.

You'd just need some simple digital logic skills to monitor the TDC event from the dizzy. Then you know which plug comes next, and signal that plug to fire.

Pretty simple, I'm not gonna hand hold on it. ;)

It's been explained several times on PGM-FI.

·
Registered
777 Posts
very nice..... imma do some research.... thanx bro +1

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thats great that it fits the larger vent port would be nice!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts