Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 01 civic lx....and 2nd gear is grinding alot...if i was 2 get a short shifter would it make it worse or improve on the 2nd gear...thanks

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
how many miles since last tranny fluid change?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol...i dont really no...im not sure if its coverd on my warr. if its not then its been 52,000 lol n thats not 2 good

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
the tranny fluid should be changed every 60,000 miles. if you need to do it, look at the user manual it will show you which bolt is for which thing, there are two of them. one is for the filling, and the other is for draining. as for which type tranny fluid to use, ask around. i personnaly use honda tranny fluid.

P.S. if you do the tranny fluid swap and the second gear is still grinding no matter what, a couple of things, check your hydraulic fluid for your clutch, and if that's all good, your clutch may not be disengaging all the way.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info...im at 7thgen and sum guy there had the same prob...he said honda took care of it....im jus scared that the gears gonna leave me...lol...but ill c what the deal is...
i was thinking it might me the clutch but its onle 2nd gear...well we will c...thanks alot u guys....uve been great to me...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
for now you could always do the clutchless shift thing until you get the problem fixed. this will keep you from grinding the gears so often.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya ill let u no what the dealer ship says bout my 2nd gear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts