Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv heard you can put alll internals from a d17 into a d16 block and it strokes the d16, but what all parts are required and how hard is it to do this stroke swap to a d16 block? and if theres any mods, i have to do to the block/head its self

·
Registered
397 Posts
You have a 7th-gen or a 6th-gen civic?
If you already have a 6th-gen d16, I think is easier to put the entire d17 block, but nobody agree...

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
You have a 7th-gen or a 6th-gen civic?
If you already have a 6th-gen d16, I think is easier to put the entire d17 block, but nobody agree...
Well, its been talked over and over again that you can mate a d17 block to a d16 head with some machining but I have yet to see one of the tries running.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,665 Posts
There's more to it if you actully want to put this motor in a chassis. The other issues are the engine mounts, brackets, and crank pulley. You need to fabricate the front engine mounts if you're planning on installing the block in a EG or EK chassis. The D16 pulley doesn't fit on a D17 crank. I believe only 3 of the 4 holes in the D16 A/C bracket line up and I think you have to fab the alternator bracket as well.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
There's more to it if you actully want to put this motor in a chassis. The other issues are the engine mounts, brackets, and crank pulley. You need to fabricate the front engine mounts if you're planning on installing the block in a EG or EK chassis. The D16 pulley doesn't fit on a D17 crank. I believe only 3 of the 4 holes in the D16 A/C bracket line up and I think you have to fab the alternator bracket as well.
No need of front engine mount.

Have you ever seen f22 or h22 swap with front engine mount installed ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Why do you guys always go way off topic with stuff he didn't even ask about? As pertaining to this argument it doesn't matter at all if a d16 head will fit on a d17 block or visa versa, that argument has been beaten to death many times. He was asking about what is involved in putting d17 internals into a d16 block. The only mention of helping him has been that the d16 crank pulley won't fit on the d17 crank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts