Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a local board there is a shop that swap d17 in 88-00 civic... with a d16 intake and they convert mostly to obd1 (to disable egr..) but they also run it with obd0 and obd2a/b

the thing is they have to get the camshaft out, make a groove to fit the dizzy... there is already a cap on the head for it. They need to tig the dizzy cause there is no place to mount it.

Sorry its in french, there is more detail (but not a tons) in the second page since the first one is about the intake manifold swap...
http://forum.clubcivicquebec.com/viewtopic.php?t=75681&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

I have never seen that... i think its cool :bravo:

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that mean... you could just convert you 2001+ civic to obd1... all for the tuning ability, only have to modify the camshaft, install the dizzy, convert to obd1...

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would like to put one of the new honda 1.8 sohc motors in a older civic.

·
Registered
284 Posts
why not just go with the distributor-less ignition system, it would probably be less/the same hassle but better in the end.

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
I would like to put one of the new honda 1.8 sohc motors in a older civic.
do it damn it i wanna see one done also. my r18 needs more lovin

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why not just go with the distributor-less ignition system, it would probably be less/the same hassle but better in the end.
because you can mess with the ecu if you are obd1? thing you can't do with obd2-c

1 - 10 of 10 Posts