Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if the d17 stroker w/ d16y8 block and head, and d17a internals is a good build, or just a waste. I have read many threads about it, but noone ever says if it lasts, or gives any #'s! I have all the parts to do it, but i'd like to know if it would be worth it

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
eh if you find the parts cheap... you need to get the crank shaved so it can fit the d16 oil pump.

in a set environment the d16y8 rated at 130hp/108trq at the crank. thats 81.6hp per litre, and 67.5 trq per litre.

in the same environment and tuning with a 1.7, 138.72hp.114.75 trq. these are rough estimates changes such as compression will net different numbers.

i got these numbers by taking the stock hp 130/1.6 = 81.6 and 108/1.6 = 76.5
then multiplying them respectively to 1.7.

just a simple calculation. there is more envolved in it but its still something yea? lol
you wont really know until you have built it and take it to a tuner/dyno.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If you have the parts, I don't see any reason why not build it.
Just get D17 (or '01-> D16) oilpump for it, no need to machine the crank. Well you'll lose dipstick in oilpump, though.. Maybe it can be added by drilling a hole into pump housing.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If you have the parts, I don't see any reason why not build it.
Just get D17 (or '01-> D16) oilpump for it, no need to machine the crank. Well you'll lose dipstick in oilpump, though.. Maybe it can be added by drilling a hole into pump housing.
or use the z6 block... does d16 oil pan fit if you use the d17 pump?

·
Registered
857 Posts
or use the z6 block... does d16 oil pan fit if you use the d17 pump?
Yes D16 oilpan fits with D17 pump (I've one). Z6 block does nothing, issue is that D17 has bigger snout diameter than upto '00 D16s.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes D16 oilpan fits with D17 pump (I've one). Z6 block does nothing, issue is that D17 has bigger snout diameter than upto '00 D16s.
the z6 block with the y7 pump lets you have a dipstick. thats where i was going with that comment. i am aware that the snout is bigger than d16s.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
The gx pistons are quite domed.... would that raise my c/r dangerously high?
not quite domed.....but then again you didn't list which GX pistons you were talking about.

barely domed GX's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts