·
Registered
97 EK coupe
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
all D series rods feature 19mm pins except for the D16B5 which as 21. The d16 and d17 rods are the same length as well so im not seeing the need for any questions here...

·
Registered
741 Posts
anybody else wondering what are p06 pistons? and anything with more comp height than a vitara piston will be hitting the head and a vitara is pushing it since its a little out the hole

·
Registered
236 Posts
What compression ratio are you looking for?

If you want to put D16 pistons using d17 crank, you will need to cut .086 in to the top of d16 pistons. Or just reduce the compression height this amount.

It is simple, you will be adding 4.4 mm in stroke, so divide it by 2 because will be 2.2mm for tdc, and 2.2 for lower piston position.
then 2.2mm converted to inches is equal to .086.

There is other way you may understand better but is longer to explain. and Will requiere much more math and visual to understand.

·
Registered
97 EK coupe
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Piston pins are set higher.

those d17 rods are toothpicks too, get some eagle rods and use d17 pistons, voila.
nah there fine for a allmotor set-up. Im shooting for above 160hp. i think its possible.
i know the motor from hondatech mag. made 170 but it also blew up,so i heard.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
Piston pins are set higher.

those d17 rods are toothpicks too, get some eagle rods and use d17 pistons, voila.
the set of d17 rods were basically identical to the d16 rods i have the ONLY difference was the width of the big end.

this myth that d17 rods are tooth picks is false.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
nah there fine for a allmotor set-up. Im shooting for above 160hp. i think its possible.
i know the motor from hondatech mag. made 170 but it also blew up,so i heard.
it was also 13+:1 cr

with the d17 pistons i already told you to use but what do i know i guess i cant spoon feed people.

·
Registered
97 EK coupe
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it was also 13+:1 cr

with the d17 pistons i already told you to use but what do i know i guess i cant spoon feed people.
i plan to use the d17a2 pistons, im just looking for more compression to get some more power

1 - 16 of 16 Posts