Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many tq and hp can handle stock d17 rods ?

For N/A setup with small nitrous shot, should I upgrade to LS rods or aftermarket forged ?

thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
They can take quite a bit of abuse. Turbo guys are easily pushing 200hp on stock internals. The weak spot is the rod bolts. these can stretch and cause a spun bearing. Crower makes rods for the d17 if you are interested.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try to get tuner toys, less than half of crower price, if only available for d16, i'll shave rod bottom end :)

B

·
0 Posts
just to let you know crower is probably the only one with internals for the d17 thanks to kezay of 7thgencivic.com who gave them a motor to r&d. crower is pricey but they are a very good company. and also on my 7thgen i ran a 75 shot ALL the time, and never had one problem with it. I sold it because at the time i knew that building that engine would be expensive, so that's why i have my d15b sol, which is gonna be boosted here in a month :). good luck with the d17 though, the 7thgen is a nice car and loved mine.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
There alright w/ good tune.. Remember "returnless fuel system :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
as i understand it the stock rods are alight up to about 7psi depending on the turbo, but i am running eagle rods, daily driven on 11lbs

B

·
0 Posts
^ shit i know there are guys running 12psi with no internals and no problems what so ever. most of them are running 220-230 hp at they level i believe. now i know, catalyst, another 7thgenmember and sf turbo guys, has his built running higher boost and pushin over 300 hp. check out 7thgencivic and search it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
oh yeah man im only using a greddy kit, with the right turbo that would be no problem, and also what kinda dyno is that on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts