Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with a d17 on speeduino?

Having a ton of issues i cant seem to figure out

First im trying to figure out my trigger angle degree ive been trying from 20 to 60 with no luck the engine will start to pop then basically stalls out while cranking like before tdc the coil fired and stopped the engine

With the hardware tester 3 of 4 coils will spark while testing them with plugs in them, figured the one coil went bad so got a set from amazon and they dont spark when i test them but when in the engine they are doing something because i get some pops

It seems my crank signal is alittle noisey how can i help make the signal more smooth?

Chassis is an ek

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Are you using the factory honda wire to the ecu? or did you run new wire? if new wire, it needs to be shielded.

Speeduino offers a VR Conditioner for cam and crank signals. You have to tell it you installed one in the software.

Find the british dude that just uploaded a speeduino video showing the assembly and firmware updates on youtube. He goes over this

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
Aftermarket D17 ignition coils are hit and miss. Grab some OEM's from the junkyard if possible, and a D17 valvecover if you do not already have one. Makes everything a simple bolt on setup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts