Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a 43,000 miles D17 for 100 bucks would it be worth it to buy it and keep it till my B7 died on me then try to swap it into my 93 dx civic. also u think the trans would bolt up and the wiring might work. i dont know a damn thing about the new D17 but i do know it is out of a 2001 hx civic. thanks

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
you probably would be better off to keep the b7 until it dies on you and buy a d16. eihter a d16z6 if you want vtec, or an a6 if you don't want vtec. there's much more aftermarket support for these motors. but it also depends on your power goals. are you just looking for a little bit of pep...or a monster racer?

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just bored and thinking plus i havent found a z6 yet for only a 100 bucks thats 100 miles away with only 43,000 miles on it. oh well i guess i just keep lookin ofr a z6. like i said dont mind me i am just bored on lunch from work.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
it's all good man. i understand that one 100%! what you could do is buy it and then sell it for more and make some money

·
Registered
06 coupe
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i might do that after all i should be able to get at least 250 out of it could buy it clean it up make sure its all good then sell it to someone. 250 still should be kinda cheap for low miles but i dont know i might get it i might not thanks for the replys

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Ya dont by it for your car, like Squad said just buy it and sell it for more. I have a 02 Civic Ex and damn that motor sucks it is slow as shizzle and does not have any potential compared to the old school d's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts