Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but is it possible to put a D17 head on an earlier block like a D16Y7 or D15B7 yada yada yada... Just curious..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious... Oh I know why, does the engine spin the oposite way as the pre 7th gen? I just thought it might be benifitial if the IM was facing forward like the k20's... Might sound stupid or "ricey" but just thought to have a direct air flow to the IM or ITB's would help some...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^yes, d17's share the exactly same flow direction as every other d-series motor, in fact ALL d-series motors have the intake on hte fire wall side of the motor...and again, why use the d17 head? granted it does have roller rockers, but that is the only thing helping, its VTEC-E for christ sakes...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok... I haven't really taken the time to take a look under the hood of the 7th gen civics... I just thought that since the DC5's and what not sit reversed that maybe the civics did too... But never mind.. Thanks

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
I have a head from a d17 in the shop. i havnt bothered to check if the bolt patterns were different. If it was VTECII it would be good but as it is only switching from 12-16 valve mode its useless. All rollers are there fore in the d17 is less parasitic drag on engine components giving greater fuel economy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts