Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a d17 from a friend that put a k-20 in his civic and was going to put the crank in my spare z6 block build a stroker motor (94.5 mm). Wondering if anyone has done this project before, so I can get some pointers.

(Build)
z6 block----bored 75.020
d17a2 crank and rods-----94.5mm stroke
Ported and polished z6 head, and intake
b-series t-body
p29 pistons----maybe
Zex cam and valve train
AEM cam gear
50 shot of spray

·
Registered
my eg8 daily
364 Posts
would like to know as well, or better yet will a z6/y8 head bolt onto a d17a shortblock?

·
Registered
531 Posts
aztecwarrior said:
Got a d17 from a friend that put a k-20 in his civic and was going to put the crank in my spare z6 block build a stroker motor (94.5 mm). Wondering if anyone has done this project before, so I can get some pointers.

(Build)
z6 block----bored 75.020
d17a2 crank and rods-----94.5mm stroke
Ported and polished z6 head, and intake
b-series t-body
p29 pistons----maybe
Zex cam and valve train
AEM cam gear
50 shot of spray
No way in H-E double hockey sticks are you going to use P29 pistons in a Z6 with a 94.5mm stroke...unless of course you want to se that piston staring you in the face as it plunges through your head and through the valve cover.

Okay it's a slight exagerration...but you'd have to have a pretty thick headgasket to pull that one off. Even if you could get it to not kiss the head any sort of cam...probably even stock would send a valve right into it's path.

I have NO first hand experience with this crank...but i'm thinking the extra 2.25mm of travel would place that P29 more than 1mm out of the block bore (with 90mm stroke at .040" (1.1mm) piston to deck height) and way to close to the head/valves.

Maybe with a Greddy 2mm gasket? :???: Would prob get you some more torque but cost you some revs.

Vince

P.S. i wanna hear about this type of setup though...just don't see it with P29's

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah i remember seeing that a while back but they didn't use P29's...i'm wondering what that setup (not using p29's) would put down hp/tq wise comparted to a standard p29 y8 setup...both making approx 12:1 compression.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
acutally the whole rotating assembly will work. just the compression wont be as freindly for those trying to go the all motor route. any d17 piston with a z6 head will be about 9.0-9.8.

just to be on the safe side i would go with a y8 head and a thinner head gasket to get as close to 11.0 as possible. another thought could be to shave some pistons like y8 or z6 but i havent tried this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts