Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am sick of swapping engines from JY to just blow piston oil rings/HG.
Decided enough is enough.

Had the car tuned D17 Vtec with 8PSI and made 170WHP. Not sure if it was knocking while getting tuned, but when driving it on HWY and under WOT it starts to knock engine light flashes etc.

So yeah I burn tons of oil and there is TONS of pressure in crankcase blowing Oil everywhere.

Got sick of it, so Now I just ordered the beginning parts of my build.

Ordered:
K1 Rods
Weisco 75.5mm Pistons.
ACL OEM spec Bearings
OEM Headgasket

Debating on a Meth Kit, Probally will go with AEM for that.

Got a price of 530$ to hone and bore/clean block and assemble the parts which I find is a fair price.. Is this fair? too much?

I have a Stage 4 clutch comp clutch, and a comp clutch lightend flywheel already installed.....

What's the MAX Boost I can run on a T25 Turbo? I Really don't wanna buy a new turbo until later in the summer/fall.

How much HP should I get from the Parts I mentioned? I'm running Kpro for tuning software and have RSX type S injectors which i'll be swapping out for larger injectors, would i be good with 440's?

I'm shooting for 275-300WHP

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Idk on max boost, but you'll be hard pressed to push a T25 past 250whp.
Just keep in mind there's many T25 varients.

Why are you bothering with water/meth when your only using a T25?
I'd look into RDX injectors. 410cc, but the better spray pattern might result in less gas being needed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Idk on max boost, but you'll be hard pressed to push a T25 past 250whp.
Just keep in mind there's many T25 varients.

Why are you bothering with water/meth when your only using a T25?
I'd look into RDX injectors. 410cc, but the better spray pattern might result in less gas being needed.

Gotcha, Then I was also looking into a T28 Turbo, I really wanted to keep what I have and not get new parts like a new DP etc. But would if I have to.

Which Turbo would be good? T28? Gt28? or thats the same thing right?

Got a meth kit, because I'm not sure what i'll be doing . RDX injectors that's a new one. I'll check that out...

·
Registered
98 dx sedan
895 Posts
Gotcha, Then I was also looking into a T28 Turbo, I really wanted to keep what I have and not get new parts like a new DP etc. But would if I have to.

Which Turbo would be good? T28? Gt28? or thats the same thing right?

Got a meth kit, because I'm not sure what i'll be doing . RDX injectors that's a new one. I'll check that out...
If you have the money go with the gt28, its really flexible on the power you can put out. Not only will it spool fast, but you can push it pretty damn hard and its great from everything ive read

heres a couple examples of the low end and (nearing) top end of this turbo on a 1.6

·
Registered
Honda Civic
213 Posts
Ok, first and for most make sure you switch out the pcv valve. That's what's causing your excessive crank pressure.

550 isn't a bad price. If you want, you could save the money and install it yourself. I built my bottom end and it's pushing 13 psi and holding up great. I've put about 2k on it since the build.

The turbo will probably be good to about 250 whp. That's about as far as I'd push it.

For injectors, I have a set of srt4 stage 0 (456cc) injectors for sale if your interested.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, first and for most make sure you switch out the pcv valve. That's what's causing your excessive crank pressure.

550 isn't a bad price. If you want, you could save the money and install it yourself. I built my bottom end and it's pushing 13 psi and holding up great. I've put about 2k on it since the build.

The turbo will probably be good to about 250 whp. That's about as far as I'd push it.

For injectors, I have a set of srt4 stage 0 (456cc) injectors for sale if your interested.
How much for the injectors, Been looking at those on ebay, they go for about 60$ shipped for all 4.. can u match that?

I was looking in the T28. Seems like the turbo now has no power on highway. I still think something is messed up.

Switch out the PCV Valve for what? a new one? or what

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just Wanted to Update this, will delete and make a new thread.

Got the New Headgasket In, Sprayed some Hylomar on it. ARP Headstuds. and a Godspeed Turbo T28. Sounds awesome.

Will Be Posting a lenghtlhly review on that soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts