Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine has a d17 civic he wants to turbo it and i was wondering if the exhaust manfiold is tha same flange as the d16's??

D

·
0 Posts
builtD16a6 said:
a buddy of mine has a d17 civic he wants to turbo it and i was wondering if the exhaust manfiold is tha same flange as the d16's??
I can't say for sure, but I was comparing them today (eyeballing) and it looks like it's only the top row of 4 studs for the D16Y8 that turns into a top row of 2 studs - as if they just put a single stud in between the two studs from the previous generation. I was pondering on the D17A2 swap for a 6G, and from what I can tell, the 6G Factory Exhaust Manifold has a bridge between the 2 swtuds of either side - allowing me to drill a provision for the single stud. Just look at the top row of a 6G manifold and you'll be able to tell. But the best way of knowing it to let him borrow your 7G manifold's gasket and just make a template or something to that extent for reference. Just some thoughts to help you on your way if no-one else does.

C

·
0 Posts
No they most CERTAINLY will not fit, a D16 Intake will fit but not the exhaust flange from any D16----

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Crackhead79 said:
No they most CERTAINLY will not fit, a D16 Intake will fit but not the exhaust flange from any D16----
Intake wont fit w/out extensive modification..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts