Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16zc sohc vtec head and im wondering what block it would match up to? any of the d16 blocks? ive done some googling and searching, but its hard to find any info on the zc's cuz theres so many and they all dont have their own number, just identifing marks from what ive gathered.

thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, fo a mini me you can use a b2/b7 then you can use the a6/z6/y7 & y8
sweet, thanks for the info. also what about my trans? I orginally had the zc block, would all those match up to the trans or would I be lookin to get a diff one?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sohc? yes you can use the trany...
yeah its the sohc vtec. the clyinder walls are warped on my block, so im thinking if it might be better off to just find a diff one, are any of those blocks better for boost than the others? I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
well if your building for boost just have it bored and run oversized pistons and also this way you know your piston to wall clearance is correct

·
Registered
civic
451 Posts
any of the most people like any of the d16 blocks for boost & that depends on the $$ you want to put into it, if you gonna up grade for boost ( pistons & rods ) it might be worth having your block bored out out...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well if your building for boost just have it bored and run oversized pistons and also this way you know your piston to wall clearance is correct
i was curious if that might be a better option as well. I was reading up on vitaras, but i was a little confused if it was ok to run the stock rods, or if you needed custom ones cuz of the deck clearence lowering the compression.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
well aftermarket rods are highly recommended cause the stock rods are not to good for boost only good for about 200hp befor they break

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks jimmy i was aware of that, I just wasnt sure what other block could possibly work.

and yes while I have this thing tore down i certainly want to do it right and make sure it will last for a long time. seems like maybe a bore/ pistons and rods would be a good choice.

the vtec wasnt working on my head when the car was running not sure why.

im also wondering what a good bore size would be to go with, the warp seems small. the compression was coming back in the 150's but it was getting alot of blow-by.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
id just bore it to 75.5mm and pick up the same size vitaras and some fj rods... then your looking at some other misc stuff and your ready for boost
that sounds like a plan actually.. lets pretend that im broke and the 300 extra bucks for rods will take a month to come up on since im sure the machine shop isnt gonna be cheap plus all the gaskets and head bolts ect... considering im not looking to make a drag machine here, just pushing 10psi on a t3/t4 will the stock rods be a massive issue?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so I found a b2 block with the trans. Im just curious if my clutch would fit in that trans and if I would have any issues keeping all my ecu wiring since im using my head. im also wondering if I should have my ecu re-chipped so I can run it up to the dyno. I know the blocks have the same compression but im not sure how all that will work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
clutch should fit the trans as long as its not from a 1988.
thanks danz, I looked into it some more and seemed like they where the same size and spline count. But I actually scraped that idea. Im not trying to put down massive numbers with this thing, Im mainly looking for a fun streetable car. So we are attempting to rebuild my block and go with a safe tune.

now that I picked up this engine stand im gonna find a block to work on, on the side to build it up real sturdy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts