Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello? I have a D16Z9 but now someone told me that I should take zc Pistons pm7 ? but witch crankshaft and connecting rods and the color of lower scales should i use ? because the color code?? sorry for my english i am from belgium

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Welcome!

It seems that the Z9 is vary similar (if not the same as) to the D16Z6. If you wish to change the pistons, you do not have to use new rods or a crankshaft. You can simply have the new pistons pressed onto your current rods.

The PM7 pistons are not a good choice, in my opinion. You will need to use the highest grade of gasoline, and tuning becomes very important because of the high probability of detonation.

Any guide to rebuilding any of the Honda 1.6L engines can guide you on how to replace your bearings, if that is what you wish to do when replacing your pistons.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

It seems that the Z9 is vary similar (if not the same as) to the D16Z6. If you wish to change the pistons, you do not have to use new rods or a crankshaft. You can simply have the new pistons pressed onto your current rods.

The PM7 pistons are not a good choice, in my opinion. You will need to use the highest grade of gasoline, and tuning becomes very important because of the high probability of detonation.

Any guide to rebuilding any of the Honda 1.6L engines can guide you on how to replace your bearings, if that is what you wish to do when replacing your pistons.
otherwise still possibilities for my D16Z9 i wanne go NA i have skunk2 inlet manifold exhaust adjustebul cam gear feul pump ......en nnext week hondata
but in belguim i can not find a camshaft somwan willing to ship 1?

·
Registered
1991 Rover 216 GTI .
132 Posts
Hi Esiboy,google catcams Iam sure they have dealers in Holland,also we get 99 octane in UK,don't know if you do,but this makes detonation less of an issue,search the forum,there is plenty of info on how to set up timing for high comp.You can't buy or sell on forum untill you have 65 posts.I don't know if this includes D-series affilliates .good luck with your build

1 - 4 of 4 Posts