Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to build my motor i have the stage two cam i need some advice a plan to buy eagle h beam rods all new bearings i looking at pistions now i not sure what to but i plan to boost it this summer but looking to spend some money but not all of it what type of pistion will hold 15 psi and doesn t cost a shit load of money

·
Registered
247 Posts
if it's a small turbo, then even the stock pistons would hold that with good tune :-D

but yeah, go with vitaras

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
x1000000000 for vitaras and TT/eagle rods..... search and you will find MANY members on the site doing the exact same build (including me, lol)

·
Registered
25 Posts
i agree on vitaras but if i get vitaras and eagle rods do the wrist pins fit the eagles or do they need to be honed to fit?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i agree on vitaras but if i get vitaras and eagle rods do the wrist pins fit the eagles or do they need to be honed to fit?
when i took my eagles and vitaras they said the wrist pin seemed a little tight; i'd recommend taking them to a machine shop and tell them to just 'make it work' even if they have to hone it a bit, it won't cost much (and you'll have peace of mind!)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
keep it stock unless your goal is 300hp

building a motor is a lot more expensive than most people think...

·
Registered
25 Posts
i wanna go for 250-300hp so do you think i should leave it stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts