Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i live in gay ass cali and their smog is gay!!! so im looking for forged internals still to be smog legal... so were is a good place and cheap i could get a internals... i plan on pushing 16-20 psi...and 300-400 hp??? also is the ef9 si tranny good for this amount of hp???

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
Dont make a psi goal, make a hp goal and run the amount needed to reach it (safely). Buy a super kit from fj and rebuild the block with vitara pistons and aftermarket rods, either eagles or the fj custom lengths will work fine. The head can be kept stock unless you have money to spend which will help you make more power at a lower boost, aka more efficient motor. The si tranny is fine but you will need a good clutch, maybe even look into an LSD.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well yeah im trying to reach 300-400 hp at least ad yeah ive heard of fj.. and are their forged kits same as stock>??

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what else would i need im trying to do everything b4 it goes into the car... so i plan on gettinf a greddy turbo kit or something that has a sticker.. and forged bottom end...

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
ok well yeah im trying to reach 300-400 hp at least ad yeah ive heard of fj.. and are their forged kits same as stock>??
same as stock? what does this mean? your swapping new pistons, rods, bearings, and pumps in.

and what else would i need im trying to do everything b4 it goes into the car... so i plan on gettinf a greddy turbo kit or something that has a sticker.. and forged bottom end...
Id piece a turbo kit together itll save you money, allow you to run the best of each individual item, and that greddy turbo is smaller and will peak out before your goals, you need a larger turbo to reach yours goals. Dont buy anything just for a sticker...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well c thats the thing im tryna b street legal.. and also ive been looking at fj and the drop the compression so it wont pass smog either....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what other turbos r out there that are street legal... c cali is gay or else i would be fine pieceing a turbo together but im trying to be able to smog the car how it sits without having to swap out the engine or take the turbo out or whatever ya no??

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
well c thats the thing im tryna b street legal.. and also ive been looking at fj and the drop the compression so it wont pass smog either....
Oh i see, well its gona be hard/ near impossible to make that power then, the vitaras with fj rods will make near 8.5 cr then shave the head or your gona have to spend money and get an actual custom forged piston. If i was you id get a greddy kit and throw it on a stock D16z6 with a clutch and stock appearing exhaust then take it to a good tuner and get close to 200hp out of it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well thats waht my homie has about 210 to the wheel and its street legal.. so what else could i do then... bc it drop the cr to 8.5 so it wont smog and the greddy kit should be fine so any other ideas???ill be fine with about 300 hp... i was looking at eagle rods and the length are still the same and vitra pistons and stil the same so unless they are dished would that b fine??

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
If it's not smog legal, don't tell them. They aren't gonna pull your head to check.
Its more of a question of if you can pass smog with your current tune once you change internals.

Shitty pistons = shitty combustion chamber = potentially shitty combustion.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
560 Posts
well thats waht my homie has about 210 to the wheel and its street legal.. so what else could i do then... bc it drop the cr to 8.5 so it wont smog and the greddy kit should be fine so any other ideas???ill be fine with about 300 hp... i was looking at eagle rods and the length are still the same and vitra pistons and stil the same so unless they are dished would that b fine??
All vitaras are dished, eagle rods give approx 7.5 cr and fj's custom length rods give you about 8.5cr, with a shaved head and thinner headgaskedt you can get more compression out of the motor. Many other forged pistons can give you 9.0 and up compression ratio with whatever rod you want. I just dont think that greddy turbo will pull you into the 300's unless your really working it but maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok well yeah I no im not gonna tell them the smog coming out is gonna b diff then stock...ok so is there another combo or what else would.make it stock cr...

·
Registered
334 Posts
ok so let's restart I have a d16z6 tryin to boost..want to b street legal and. I have 4000 to drop into it
research.
do you already have the turbo kit? or are you trying to get the kit and internals? i doubt anyone here will spoon feed you answers.
idk how your emissions work out there look for threads on what other people have done to pass, just use the search function on the forum good luck

·
McLOVIN
800 Posts
research.
do you already have the turbo kit? or are you trying to get the kit and internals? i doubt anyone here will spoon feed you answers.
idk how your emissions work out there look for threads on what other people have done to pass, just use the search function on the forum good luck
Was going to say this. just get a fake carb sticker hqahaha. Oklahoma ftw (no smogging :bigok: )

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
With those goals don't modify your car if your scare of stat ref and smog , PERIOD. There's no way your going to make 300-400hp and be legit here in Cali.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well yeah i no i can make 200 hp and still b streetable so yeah wen i go and try to forge itll drop cr and will not pass and im looking into a greddy turbo kit...and a fj forge lower end kit

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
ok so let's restart I have a d16z6 tryin to boost..want to b street legal and. I have 4000 to drop into it
Then buy a street legal kit so you can get your EO#'s so the boys in blue stay happy. Then modify THAT setup to what you want. Your key is to have the EO's.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Chris, we'll pass smog foo. I gotcha!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts