Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know where to have this thread.some kid is trying to trade me a d16z6 civic fr my d15b7 civic he says its an obd1 motor but has an obd0 computer its vtec it runs at about 1400 rpm and drops to 800 up and down for about 5 mins then stalls im confused if i trade what do i neeed and how much to get this car running the way its suppose to

·
Registered
96 Posts
i dont no why he wouldnt have just used the computer that came with that car (p28) an that may be the problem. but i need more info. like what is it in for a car.

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
sounds like he wants to get rid of an headache.(lemon)But u never know.Ive gotten cars of people that they were lemons and just they didn't have some engine bay smarts.It has to have a p28 ecu to run the vtec engine.Is the CEL on?That will tell you wonders.There is a little blue two prong plugg under the glove box or near the right kick panel.Bridge that plug and will will make the CEL flash a code.Google it.
Other than that tidbit the rest only you can answer:How is the body,Interior,is there oil caked din the eng.bay?Shift smoothly?how many miles does it have?If the shell is worth the trade then yes.Z6's are a dime a dozen now a days.If the shell is trashed then save up for a swap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts