Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put a small t25 on a 95 hatch, and the car ran 14.40 with a shity 2.2 60 ft´s.

Is this a good result for 10 psi on this turbo??

stock z6, w/ stock exhaust, tuned by me , lol

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
si hatch? either way, yeah that seems pretty freaking decent with everything stock including exhaust, especially if it was in a heavy ass si.

you prolly had what, $1000 bucks invested in it. alot of people buy way more for their NA setups only to get low 15's or high 14's

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DX hatch, he was using my 23x8x13 slicks, I belive too much tire for the car

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
there is a stock na y8 eg here that did that time with just a cam and bolt ons so i would go with no but idk maybe it was a bad pass

deff too much tire

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
car was running 17.0 w/o turbo

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
DX hatch, he was using my 23x8x13 slicks, I belive too much tire for the car
if it were on street tires i would say hell yeah, but with those big ass slicks, i dunno......i agree, too much tire.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
3,890 Posts
how much doest it weigh

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
si hatch? either way, yeah that seems pretty freaking decent with everything stock including exhaust, especially if it was in a heavy ass si.

you prolly had what, $1000 bucks invested in it. alot of people buy way more for their NA setups only to get low 15's or high 14's
is that correct lmao if you have built a all motor set-up before then i wont tell you to STFU if not then know your roll.

he should be running 13's with more practice. but it also depends on the weight of the vehicle. so i really cant say

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, and the cars needs suspension, the car looks like is going to fly, the front end raise a lot, is funny.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
yeah, and the cars needs suspension, the car looks like is going to fly, the front end raise a lot, is funny.
the best i ever ran with a 14b which is similar in my old crx was 13.6 then i went back to my roots. yea suspension will help a lot.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will try next sunday with 20x6x14 slicks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
is that correct lmao if you have built a all motor set-up before then i wont tell you to STFU if not then know your roll.

he should be running 13's with more practice. but it also depends on the weight of the vehicle. so i really cant say
well, lets see here........i had a z6 with I/H/E, ud pulleys, and a zex cam in an ex coupe that put me at 15.1 on street tires. i know that the poor variables there were the ex coupe and street tires, not to mention first time at the track, but compared to what i stated above.....yeah that fits. Cause i would almost bet i had well over the cost in those parts than what kitt88 did in that t25 setup

also, ive had a FULLY built (everything except sleeves) z6 that was boosted, so yes i have been around the block with the d-series.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and please, give me a break, is my first tuning. LOL

·
formerly allnaturalrex
4,639 Posts
well, lets see here........i had a z6 with I/H/E, ud pulleys, and a zex cam in an ex coupe that put me at 15.1 on street tires. i know that the poor variables there were the ex coupe and street tires, not to mention first time at the track, but compared to what i stated above.....yeah that fits. Cause i would almost bet i had well over the cost in those parts than what kitt88 did in that t25 setup

also, ive had a FULLY built (everything except sleeves) z6 that was boosted, so yes i have been around the block with the d-series.
that's a all motor set-up lol you should have known better than too go n/a in a coupe and thats not much a all motor build. i ran 14.7's with I/H/E pg7 ecu and exospeed sr909 back in 02 in my rex and thats on stock compression not even a full all motor build. you just picked the wrong platform for a n/a sohc is all. you still have a lot too learn about n/a before you call it expensive. hell i only spent 500 at the most on the little that i had lol.

all though i agree some hmt set-up's can be very cheap hell i did one a while back and it was great it just wasn't as fun. but it comes down to preference i guess. either way it what your happy with that wins.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
that's a all motor set-up lol you should have known better than too go n/a in a coupe and thats not much a all motor build. i ran 14.7's with I/H/E pg7 ecu and exospeed sr909 back in 02 in my rex and thats on stock compression not even a full all motor build. you just picked the wrong platform for a n/a sohc is all. you still have a lot too learn about n/a before you call it expensive. hell i only spent 500 at the most on the little that i had lol.

all though i agree some hmt set-up's can be very cheap hell i did one a while back and it was great it just wasn't as fun. but it comes down to preference i guess. either way it what your happy with that wins.
yeah, that thing that i always used to hear my parents say a long time ago......something about "learn from your mistakes".......yeah thats it. well, that NA build was my mistake. From using a coupe all the way to dropping more and more money on it to try and improve tenths of seconds.

needless to say i learned from it and boosted.

but i see what you mean though......NA really depends on alot of variables, more so than boost IMO. pretty much with boost is you buy the best parts, port the shit out of your head, tune it really really good and clean up the poo from the seat after testing your new creation. With NA, its just constant "well if i had this, i could do this, and if i did this, it would do that........"

but thats just my opinion, and they are like assholes so it prolly doesnt mean a whole lot to anyone. But i got tired of loud exhaust so i bought a g35 and tried the all motor thing again.....turns out the vq, like the d-series doesnt respond real awsome with bolt ons, so again "learn from your mistakes" i learned and now im buying a gsr and im gonna try to get 650whp out of it..........(and keeping my g35)

·
turn up tha boost !
1,193 Posts
14.4 definitely isn't bad! I think it has 13's in it; suspension, tires, and practice.

in the end 14's are still slow.
so
IMO N/A D-series will allways be slow (yet, they are still respectable)
and
$ per HP they will be more

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Trap speed would say it all. You can run over 130+ mph and still only run 13s. But I did a 13.8 trapping 97 mph on a t25 at 9 psi. This was not tune, only on a base map with 2 step set at 6500 rpm. This was done on my previous ej1 with 22x8x15 slicks.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
need to find out what was the trap speed, good point.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts