Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of day's ago i bought a brand new Garrett tb2569 turbo of a friend. Now i'm intrested to know if some one here ever used it to boost a stock d16z6?
Is this even a good turbo to use on a d16z6?

Here are the turbo specs:

54mm
60trim
.48 A/R (cold side)
.49 A/R (hot side)

Kind regards
Ferdinand

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
If you limit it to 10psi, it's going to spool fast but not make much HP. A quick google search showed a 2.0L Saab making 240hp/245tq to the wheels with 18psi tapering to 13psi. You could probably make 15psi+ by 3500rpm given his 18psi by 2900 (he said spike, so could be sooner).

Anyways I know 2 people that used some IHI RBH5 turbos (smaller?), they had boost very early & made over 200hp. They said it was the most fun DD they ever had, but not the fastest Honda.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,047 Posts
find a compressor map and learn to read it. youre limited to 200hp due to the stock rods.

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
I would say it's better than a lot of turbos people pick for a stock D16 but, I've had a t2554 and t2560 (both BB) and you could go smaller for better boost response like 14b....

·
Registered
99 Posts
find a compressor map and learn to read it. youre limited to 200hp due to the stock rods.
It's almost like you know stuff about things.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say it's better than a lot of turbos people pick for a stock D16 but, I've had a t2554 and t2560 (both BB) and you could go smaller for better boost response like 14b....
I did build a d16z6 with a gt1752 for a friend of mine, the turbo response is allmost instant it's fun to drive daily.

·
4,047 Posts
Garrett TB2569 (saab 900 94-)
54mm
60trim
.48 A/R (cold side)
.49 A/R (hot side)

Also found a compressor map from Garret for the Saab 900 turbo (TB2569)

The TB2569 turbochargers were used by SAAB on B204 (2.0 Liter) gas engines from 1994-2000. The compressor wheel is 54mm, 60 trim and is capable of flowing 28 lbs/min. The turbine wheel 53mm, 62 trim and is made of 713 INCO.

All of this means chinese for me at the moment but i'm trying to learn on the way.

Big Collection of Compressor Maps

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Garrett TB2569 (saab 900 94-)
54mm
60trim
.48 A/R (cold side)
.49 A/R (hot side)

Also found a compressor map from Garret for the Saab 900 turbo (TB2569)

The TB2569 turbochargers were used by SAAB on B204 (2.0 Liter) gas engines from 1994-2000. The compressor wheel is 54mm, 60 trim and is capable of flowing 28 lbs/min. The turbine wheel 53mm, 62 trim and is made of 713 INCO.

All of this means chinese for me at the moment but i'm trying to learn on the way.

Big Collection of Compressor Maps
Can you send me a link to the compressor map?

·
4,047 Posts
I just fed you a big spoonful. hell, there is even a link in that quote.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Haha yes, not a turbo i would use... thanks for the map anyway
Youre coming to that decision how? Based on that dyno?

Its a totally different engine, larger displacement and not designed to rev high. The cams in a D series are designed to operate up to 7k rpm, the powerband is going to looks totally different. Also, with less displacement, that choke point is not going to happen so low.

Look at the damn compressor map. You claimed that you know how to read one.

I would expect something more like this on a D16. This is a Mazda B6 with a gt2554:

That is fucking awesome for a stock bottom end. Just about fucking perfect.

If you cant see that, you are a typical street racer idiot. Go get a T3/T4 and shut the fuck up.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Haha yes, not a turbo i would use... thanks for the map anyway
The dyno isn't as important as the second graph. As Full Tilt pointed out, it's a good turbo for a stock bottom d series. It will spool quickly, and give you a big mid range increase in power.

Full Tilt, the Saab engine was odd. The bottom end has a square bore (90mm bore and stroke), and the R/S wasn't bad. It should have been a higher revving motor, but the cam profile didn't seem to match what the bottom end could do.

I always thought a set of cams and a different turbo would have really opened up that engine, but that is neither here nor there.

·
Registered
Black/Green Civic HB
753 Posts
I made 225hp on a t2554 ~16psi
And 245hp on a t2560 ~12psi

Closer to 270hp now on the t2560 ~ 18psi

My graphs looked pretty similar to the Mazda graphs, but had a lot more under the curve with the t2560
:Given on a built block w lots of work and a big exhaust

1 - 20 of 20 Posts