Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 Si and at the moment it bone stock(gasp!) im about to get an AEM short ram, header, and custom exhaust. just if the stock bottem end would last with a crower stage 2 cam, cam gear, and valve/retainer kit along with a 50 shot of nitrous. might be tuned with uber or chrome but not sure at the moment. would the factory tune be okay? thanks for anyhelp

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yea it'd be cool, might want to back timing down a bit and get an fpr.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It would work ok, but a custom tune is going to run better, be more efficent, and be more reliable. Also, only post one place since most ppl just check the new posts when they come on, it shows up twice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. sorry bout the other post.

thinking about getting a Aermotive fpr, rail, and filter. would VAFC be a good choice or should i just go with Uber/chrome? anyone had any luck with crowers stage 2 and their cam gear?

·
Registered
602 Posts
unless its a rail that has special nitrous fittings in it you are going to use, dont waste your money.

·
Registered
194 Posts
sleeperhatch91 said:
unless its a rail that has special nitrous fittings in it you are going to use, dont waste your money.
Thats true, stock fuel rail's can are good for up to around 400 hp. The only advantage would be let's say if you purchased an aem fuel rail and aem fpr it would bolt directly on and look nice, beside that use your stock rail. FPR is a must.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im about to get a headman header and an AEM cam gear later this week for $100. then im gonna save to get the cam. just wondering before i buy the crower, does anyone recommend any other companys?

·
Registered
924 Posts
I would not put in a cam unless you have the head p&p. There is no sense in changing the lobe seperation while the intake and exhuast ports still flow the same amount.

I would not pull timming out until the shot gets above 75.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts