Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did lots of searching and have a couple questions. im wanting to do a d16z6 block, rods and head with a6 pistons i believe this gives me the same cr 10.3 i as a mini me swap. now has anyone here done this and what would be required for tuning? adjustable cam gear and fpr. also using p28 ecu.

·
Canihazmoniez
683 Posts
if the pistons fit in the cylinder and aren't out of round at all than that should be it internally not to sure about the cam gear though man someone else will help you out with that for sure though I dont see why it would be any diff unless there is a difference between z6 and a6 pistons

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe a6 pistons are pm6 and i believe everything will fit just not sure how much tuning is required. will i be able to tune myself with timing and fpr or will i need a chipped ecu?

·
Canihazmoniez
683 Posts
There is a member on here than can chip your ECU for ya for a great price PM me if you want his info

and to even things out you can always get a thicker head gasket.. unless you are shooting for a higher comp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im going for higher comp but dont want to have to do tons of tuning. there arent any tuners near me so i need to be able to do it myself closest tuner is about 3 4 hours away.this build is to hold me off till i go turbo again as i just spun a bearing 2days ago and just need to get it to 100 percent again. prefer boost but settle for this...for now

·
Canihazmoniez
683 Posts
TagRacecraft
1015 Industry Street
Oakville, Ontario
L6J 2X3
TAGRACECRAFT - 416-418-2414 - Oakville Ontario
Tel: 416-418-2414

Magnus Motorsports

8600 Keele St., Unit # 33
Concord, Ontario
Canada L4K 4H8
Tel. #: 905 669 8400 Fax. #: 905 669 0888

Magnus Motorsports is world reknowned for their craftsmanship, exceptional quality and attention to detail. Cars can be Dyno tuned, Track tuned or Street tuned, but we prefer Dyno tune.

Dynamotorsports Tuning

Tony Leung
70 Vanley Crescent
North York, Ontario
M3J 2B8
CANADA
www.Dynamotorsports.ca
Dynapack Evolution 4000 2WD Dyno

ECTune Authorized Tuner
AEM EMS, AEM F/IC, APEXi PowerFC, Haltech Standalones, Chrome, Hondata, Greddy E-manage, Perfect Power, SDS EFI, etc...
Highly experienced with water/meth systems, high compression N/A and turbo setups. \

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks but I'm not sure I could make it there without a tune I'll probly have to tow it there as it's a few hours at closest

·
Canihazmoniez
683 Posts
Darn I always forget just how big Canadas "states/provences" are haha with boost just unhook the charge piping with all motor just stay under like 5k rpms if it runs alright

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Dynamotorsports has some very serious rep and tony was helpful when I had questions for him.

Get the intro tuning package from xenocron and tune it yourself. Since you have a P28 then get an emulator and a wide band. Your compression isn't to high so a stock Z6 map with a bit of tweaking should work well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts