Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on putting a d16z6 into my 90 crx si using a p28 ecu. What wiring configuration would be best for this setup: A, using obdo/obd1 conversion harness or B, using the wiring harness from the d16z6 motor. If I go with the d16z6 wiring harness will I have to modify anything or will it be plug and play? Thanks for your time.

Rick

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just stay obd0 way less hassle and you really dont gain anything from obd1, if your planning on running boost use turboedit for obd1.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought you could not run odb0 with the z6 distributor becouse it is odb1 and only the z6 dist will fit on the z6 head, if i'm wrong let me know couse i'm down with running odb0 in my ride.

·
Registered
'91 CRX Si
2,158 Posts
1st off turboedit is for obd0, and uberdata is for obd1

2nd off i would not recommend using a vafc to operate vtec, it will not be nearly as accurate as running p28 maps and is a hack not real fuel management

i would suggest if you want to stay od0 to use the a6 distributor (must use obd0 distributor to run obd0) and use a pm6 ecu with p28 maps and use an rpm to operate vtec (or use a ps9 from an auto 90-91 ex and convert to manual and use 1 wire vtec conversion)

if you want to go obd1 get a conversion harness and p28, get a 4 wire o2 sensor, and get a z6 distributor. you will also need a few misc plugs from an obd1 harness. this is not neccesarrily entail everything needed but will give you a good idea which direction you want to go

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
In my CRX I used a 91 si distributor and I am running with a b16 ecu. I have a get a VAFC to help lean out my fuel. I am running pig rich right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts