Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on swaping either a f23a1 or a d16z6 into a 96 integra? I know the first question everyone is going to ask is why take out the LS?????? This is a striped out race drag car and my rule book says that I have to run a SOHC vtec to keep cost low for everyone and I like the body of a integra.. Know that we got that out of the way. On a all motor set up which one would be best? Also can you cut the head on a F23? I know you can on the d16. How do the two compare? Why doesnt anyone do the swap because it is cheap. You can pick up a motor for about notting. What is the compression ratio on the F23 and would it help it out if you ported and polished the head. I guess what I am asking what can I do to get the most horsepower out of the F23 on all motor? Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to see if I can get some one to answer my questions that know about the F series engines? All cars have to way 2200 lbs reguard less of body style? So I chose a integra!!

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
f23a1 with f22a2,a4,a6 head. call bisi and he will give you all the reasons you need to know. the f22a heads have valves that are almost straight up and down. this means you can run stupid lift and not worry about binding. bisi runs over .600 lift on his car. also, the ports are gynormous. the head flows insane numbers compared to any of the vtec heads. cost will not be down though by doin this swap correctly. if you want good parts, you pay for it regaurdless of what platform you are building.

bisi does somewhere in the neighborhood of 400hp on race gas.(all motor). is that good enough.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
bisi does somewhere in the neighborhood of 400hp on race gas.(all motor). is that good enough.
You better hope that you can back up that statement.. Thats how rumors get started.... Bisi has never told the truth about how much hp he has made.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What does the f22a2, a4, a6 head come on??? So if I have this correct a F23a1 bottom end with a F22a2 head right?? What kind of compression and clearences. I have never heard of this!!! Can you cut the head if you run this set up!!! Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
2,3l >1,6l ;)

torque win races :)

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
You better hope that you can back up that statement.. Thats how rumors get started.... Bisi has never told the truth about how much hp he has made.
i will show you the link where i read it. it was on another of my forums. it never said exact numbers.

you will have to register to read it, but i will post what he said.
http://midmosr.com/showthread.php?t=584&highlight=bisi

Originally Posted by Bisimoto
The F22A is so underestimated...we have not even scratched the surface of performance with these engines

My engines last for more than a season. I only take them apart when I experiment. In 2003, I won the IDRC championship with one powerplant, and ran 13 events, 5 track testing sessions and tons of dyno tuning.

F engines take well to abuse...then again, I use excellent parts, and tuning is key.

The block is sleeved with my spec pistons, cams and aluminum rods. Simple stuff, really. The power is mainly in the head: portings, camshaft, induction and exhaust.

VTEC is amazing. However, for my intended purposes: reliable power with light valvetrain mass, it is a big "no-no". In addition, the F vtec heads do not lend themselves well to port flow.

F22As have more potential than H22s..I'll give you a hint: port designs and valve angles. If your statement was true, there would be tons of H22s spanking me in all motor.

F22A and non-v F22B engines have similar intake port configurations, but the F22b has horrible exhaust ports: not condusive for performance at all.

Wow...so much misinformation out there.

We have barely scratched the surface with F22 potential: remember, I am the only one doing much of anything with it in the pro drag scene...imagine if there were 3 or more of us! We are at 400 flywheel with the F22 n/a, on petrol. With alcohol (methanol seems to be the fuel of choice for my twin cam peers) we can add anywhere from 10 to 18% more power...can you imagine what we would run then?

I have never heard, or experienced binding with SOHC valevtrain. As a matter of fact, due to our high installed heights, you can run a 0.600" lift and not bind with my competition springs!
The one setback with H-series engines is the valve angle involved in the head...you cannot run a decent size camshaft, and increase the valvehead size by over 1.5 mm from factory. I run 3mm oversize on my intakes alone, without collision issues with amazing overlap periods. As I have, I would encourage many of you to compare heads side to side, and you will see what I have...and you will be amazed, and shocked to what the sohc F has to offer.

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
What does the f22a2, a4, a6 head come on??? So if I have this correct a F23a1 bottom end with a F22a2 head right?? What kind of compression and clearences. I have never heard of this!!! Can you cut the head if you run this set up!!! Thanks for all your help
90-93accord and 92-96 prelude s. not sure on compression and clearances. havent gotten that far yet. but i know someone that would know.

www.bisimoto.com:TU:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So to increse in even more power I need to take the F23 bottom end and use a F22a2 head? Correct Sorry if I am redundant. Is the F22a2 head Vtec?? Also what do you have in your car?? and how do you like the power? What does it run in the 1/8 mile???

·
Registered
639 Posts
Torque gets you down the track...
Horsepower is for bragging rights....

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
So to increse in even more power I need to take the F23 bottom end and use a F22a2 head? Correct Sorry if I am redundant. Is the F22a2 head Vtec?? Also what do you have in your car?? and how do you like the power? What does it run in the 1/8 mile???
f22a2 head is nonvtec. both of bisi's cars are nonvtec. i will have a stock f23a1 with bisi valvetrain,cam, and camgear. the motor is not in my car yet so not sure on times. will post them up when i go to the track.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts