Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts

the y8 has strange and unsymetrical ports in the head and a reputation for rod bearing failure because of oiling problems. it does have a slightly smaller combustion chamber but i think the other two problems outweigh that.

m.

·
Registered
556 Posts
a big block chevy dart m block thats is bored to a 632 with canfield heads and a tunnel ram with two demon 1150 carbs on top ftw
in a hatch? that could be interesting...lol probably bend the unibody in half...lol

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
They both have the same potential. You can do things to either of them that will yield about the same power i.e. pistons, rods, Head porting, cam, nitrous, etc.....

·
Registered
my honda
56 Posts
definitely z6..its head work is so much better..the y8 has always given me problems..oil issues, top end bangs alot too

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Z6, although my y8 never game me a problem and I beat on it almost every night that I had it (No cars around, 2am, and young....no bashing pls lol).

The oil problem on the y8, you can go around by shimming the oil pump. (Correct me if Im wrong guys).

Z6 has a better flowing head.....

And not to be rude or anything but there has been a lot of these vs. threads, try using the search button. Iv seen quit a few since I first joined (Which wasnt to long ago).

Overall, Z6 is a better motor. But the y8 can be just as good, you just have to work a little harder to get past the few downers it has.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts