Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a problem help guys thanks.
so i just recently installed my vitara with i beam rods and it turns starts with me constantly hold the gas but when i let go it dies.
what could be the problem i checked the timing belt couple times its correct i have fuel into the system i got spark and brand new spark plugs torqued down. Couldnt it be my tune? its on a turbo set up right now and i got 440 injectors in it tunes too 440 injectors the day i was at the dyno with a stock block now i put everything in the way it was and it wont stay on any help me thanks.!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
always start with the simple stuff first, like fuses, etc. Could be the injector offset on the map. Vitaras have low compression. I might have a basemap for the RC440cc high imp that i did on mines a while back ill have to look for it though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i marked my timing on the dizzy im sure i got the timing correct im thinking of changing the ecu too a p06 and run stock injectors what do u guys think?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes sir i should check it again just in case huh? i swapped out all the injectors too stock and put a p06 ecu in its the same thing now it cranks but wont start feels like not enough energy to start the car

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Once you install resistors in-line, or by resistor box, for the DSM 440ccs you can't run stock injectors unless you remove the resistor source

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wasnt running dsm injectors i had saturated injectors that didnt need resistors everything was running before at the dyno and i spun a rod now i built the bottom end and i dont know where my problem lies.

·
Registered
1995 Honda Civic EX
491 Posts
Did you change your map sensor from stock to a 3 or 4 bar? If your tune was on the stock sensor and you replaced it without re-tuning, it will run like shit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so guess what guys the cars running now!!! my map sensor was stock i tuned it on 7psi and it spun a rod during the dyno im guessing the tuning wasnt so good because that motor died when i put in the 440 injectors with my p28 chipped it ran like shit but when i used my p06 ecu with stock injects it runs fine!! my problem was i didnt give it enough gas too start the car it needed some help once i revd it up too like 3500 rpm i let go it handled itself and adjusted itself im glad i got it over with it took me the whole day thanks guys for all the help and concern i hope the car goes good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha i know i kept checking my battery it was like 12.09v haha pretty close to being bad so i went to my tuner today to check out what was going on with my car i found out i had a bad injector which made my car misfired stupid ebay so now im just going too break in my car for 500 miles or so then buy some rc injectors and tune!! the beast

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what happen i never spon a bearing just after my rebuild i was running a stock d16z6 completely stock before and i brought it too tune with my turbo kit and i handed them the 440 injectors i bought brand new which 1 wasnt working makes it misfires crazy. which i didnt know till i builted a new block with vitara and those custom length rods realizing the injectors were bad you get it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts