Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys im new to the vitara turbo build setup i need some help. these are the things i got

p2p0 75mm vitara pistons/npr rings
Acl std bearings
gasket set
i'm still waiting on p2p0 custom rods

things i am worried about and i need d-series help

i cant seem to find anything about the gates high performance timing belt kit
blue timing belt
water pump
and tensenor

are these any good? or should i just go get oem honda ones?

another thing im concerned about is the oil pump my build im only look at 7psi of boost at the moment probably 350hp at max
is a topline oil pump good?
i really don't want to deal with shimming the oil pump and stuff or should i just get a oem oil pump? how much does it cost and where can i get it for the best price thank you.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
ok for 7psi. you dont need to build the block, unless by some miracle you break say 220whp. As far as the oil pump. I believe most guys here just shim and port OEM pumps. Timing belt, i cannot speak for everyone, i just rock a OEM on my d16z6 @ 11.2psi. Im 193whp on a tiny 15g turbo. Do some searching and check out other peoples builds. You'll find most rock OEM or modified OEM.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys the reason im rebuilding it is because the motor failed on me during my dyno tune at import auto pros. right now i don't have a boost controller thats why my boost is set at 7 probably later on down the road i would want more boost you knwo? when u get bored and it feels too slow just up the boost and be happy? oem parts are kinda spensive thats why i asked if gates are an okay aftermarket products.

- oil pump i really dont want to go with porting and shimming i just want it to be reliable has anyone tried topline? and not have any problem with it?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
oem oil pump, no need to port or shim the z6 pump unless you plan on turning 8000+rpm.

any of the timing belts you listed will be fine. gates actually supplies most OEM timing belts. i have found that OEM from the dealer is cheaper than a gates at the part store though. same with the water pump.

turn up the boost dont be a wuss.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha oem huh ill check on the price for oem gates high performance timing belt kit is 150 for the belt water pump and tensenor is that a good deal?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate all the help guys i hope my vitara build goes good in this month or so when i gather all the parts i still need

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dam i contacted my local honda dealer the price was expensive
-oil pump 180
-timing belt 62.00
-timing tensenor 77.00
-water pump 99.00

after market
-topline oil pump 65.00
-gates high performance kit 132.00 comes with the blue timing belt, gates water pump, and gates tensenor

what do u guys think? its worth it right?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
-oil pump 180
-timing belt 62.00
-timing tensenor 77.00
-water pump 99.00

after market
-topline oil pump 65.00
-gates high performance kit 132.00 comes with the blue timing belt, gates water pump, and gates tensenor

We can get you OEM Parts...

Do not go with a TopLine oil pump.. we used to sell those and we pulled them out of the catalog cause theyre crap...

Always use OEM Oil pump.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
-oil pump 180---> FJ Distributors
-timing belt 62.00---> FJ Distributors
-timing tensenor 77.00---> $35 bucks (GMB Tensioner)
-water pump 99.00---> $74 OEM Honda

after market
-topline oil pump 65.00

I can get those parts for you within 1 business day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
everyone is telling you OEM, if you really want to save the coin and go aftermarket then do it. That way you can give feedback on the parts you bought since you can't find any feedback right now.
I'd go OEM, just do it, you'll spend more money in the end if the aftermarket parts fail. (especially the oil pump, I'd only go oem or endyne)
My .02

1 - 20 of 23 Posts