Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a d16z6 vitara eagle h beam rods setup with arp head studs and acl race bearings. i rebuild the motor last year. this build is very slow for me and my first honda build ever. im slow on funds lol but i am planning on boosting the motor soon, but will do it once i get all the parts i need. i already got the turbo and some piping.
waiting to buy some injectors, ecu w/program.
i already bought the fuel pump 255 lph fuel pump.

my question is can i run my stock d16z6 vitara 75.5mm pistons eagle h beams with the fuel pump upgrade for now??? with my stock d16z6 ecu. it runs fine with everything stock ecu/ and low compression piston motor.
i just need the ecu tuning program/injectors. almost to complete the boost mode.

can i run the upgraded fuel pump 255 lph pump with my motor/and stock d16z6 ecu??

i want to also know if the parts is working before i will upgrade to boost mode later.
???

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got a d16z6 vitara eagle h beam rods setup with arp head studs and acl race bearings. i rebuild the motor last year. this build is very slow for me and my first honda build ever. im slow on funds lol but i am planning on boosting the motor soon, but will do it once i get all the parts i need. i already got the turbo and some piping.
waiting to buy some injectors, ecu w/program.
i already bought the fuel pump 255 lph fuel pump.

my question is can i run my stock d16z6 vitara 75.5mm pistons eagle h beams with the fuel pump upgrade for now??? with my stock d16z6 ecu. it runs fine with everything stock ecu/ and low compression piston motor.
i just need the ecu tuning program/injectors. almost to complete the boost mode.

can i run the upgraded fuel pump 255 lph pump with my motor/and stock d16z6 ecu??

i want to also know if the parts is working before i will upgrade to boost mode later.
???

Yea man youll be fine i got 240cc injectors and a walbro 255 ima eventually need the walbro and i was hav ing fuel line issues so i upgraded to the walbro and steel braided lines now might as well just one less thing to do for boost dont mind me asking wat type of turbo u gonna run and how many lbs

·
Registered
52 Posts
You can run the walbro as long as you are using the stock injectors and stock fuel pressure with a factory fuel pressure regulator or an aftermarket one set to stock fuel pressure.

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
I installed a walbro 255 lph fuel pump to my stock setup before going turbo. It ran really rich, the fuel pressure went up from 43.5 psi (stock) to 49 psi. I used B&M fuel pressure regulator to bring it back down to 43.5 psi. Some say installing the 255 lph pump will work fine with out issues, but this is my personal experience with them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I installed a walbro 255 lph fuel pump to my stock setup before going turbo. It ran really rich, the fuel pressure went up from 43.5 psi (stock) to 49 psi. I used B&M fuel pressure regulator to bring it back down to 43.5 psi. Some say installing the 255 lph pump will work fine with out issues, but this is my personal experience with them.
Strange, the stock fpr should regulate at about 38-40 psi. But with a jump that high in fuel pressure would definitely make it run rich. I guess he better get an adjustable fpr and set it for stock pressure just to be safe.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yup running a walbro 255 with a stock FPR is going to run rich all day.. get a aftermarket FPR if you want to install it before your boosted.

I searched this same info and everyone told me its going to run rich so i just waited tell i did everything at once..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange, the stock fpr should regulate at about 38-40 psi. But with a jump that high in fuel pressure would definitely make it run rich. I guess he better get an adjustable fpr and set it for stock pressure just to be safe.
ok cool good info. right now my setup on my car is a B&M fuel gauge on the fuel filter with an AEM fuel rail (stock d16z6 injectors) and i got an AEM adjustable fuel regulator on my engine right now. my question is that why is my fuel pressure gauge reading on my fuel filter is way different to the fuel pressure on my fuel rail. i have a VMS liquid filled fuel pressure gauge on my AEM fuel rail?
both pressures are different when engine is started running????
i didn't adjust the fuel pressure more i left it close to stock pressure readings/

which pressure gauge do i adjust my fuel pressure at. fuel rail B&M pressure gauge or
the gauge on my AEM fuel rail VMS liquid filled pressure gauge? both have different reading fuel rail gauge less than the gauge on the filter????

i will be running boost like using a turbonetics t3t4 turbo maybe 10psi.
but for now everything stock..

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
when I got my crx it came with a walbro 255 installed. i had the car since 08 and it came with an AEM AFPR which i sold and got a stock one. fuel pressure is around 34psi at idle and 43psi with vacuum line unhooked. car always ran fine...

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only way to know for sure on air/fuel ratio is to monitor with a wideband unit of some kind. Innovate makes an all in one unit (mtx-l) that's extremely accurate for like $150 shipped. Save up and get one. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay if i use my adjustable air fuel pressure regulator which
gauge do i use when i adjust fuel pressure.
i have 2 gauges B&M on the fuel filter that reads 40psi at idle.
and i have a VMS liquid fuel pressure gauge on the aem fuel rail that reads like 34-35psi like 5 psi less than the one in the fuel pressure??

which one is accurate if i adjust my fuel pressure????

The only way to know for sure on air/fuel ratio is to monitor with a wideband unit of some kind. Innovate makes an all in one unit (mtx-l) that's extremely accurate for like $150 shipped. Save up and get one. You won't be sorry.
i already have a fuel pressure gauge from AEM with a wideband o2 sensor. that ive bought like a couple years ago when it first came out like almost 300. bucks is this one good?

i don't want to buy another set. of gauges.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
okay if i use my adjustable air fuel pressure regulator which
gauge do i use when i adjust fuel pressure.
i have 2 gauges B&M on the fuel filter that reads 40psi at idle.
and i have a VMS liquid fuel pressure gauge on the aem fuel rail that reads like 34-35psi like 5 psi less than the one in the fuel pressure??

which one is accurate if i adjust my fuel pressure????

i already have a fuel pressure gauge from AEM with a wideband o2 sensor. that ive bought like a couple years ago when it first came out like almost 300. bucks is this one good?

i don't want to buy another set. of gauges.
I think the fuel filter is more stable.
The rail has injectors opening and closing so there is pressure drops and what not.

that's just how I see it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The rail has injectors opening and closing so there is pressure drops and what not.

Xile6 is right, I find that the only time my fpr is even remotely accurate is when the fuel pump primes. Otherwise, the fuel pressure is very jumpy just like xile6 says, with the injectors opening/ closing during engine operation.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

okay so i adjust the specs through the fuel filter gauge then. right now its like 40psi? idle 35 psi at the fuel rail.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
okay so i adjust the specs through the fuel filter gauge then. right now its like 40psi? idle 35 psi at the fuel rail.
Yea I would adjust by the fuel filter. I think it should be 42-43 with the vacuum line unhook.
don't quote me on that psi but I remember it being that.
That's normally where honda takes there readings from.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts