Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i plan doing a turbo on my z6 i already have everything picked out i just wanna make sure i dont need anything else or if im doing sumthing wrong let me know?

Wiseco Pistons-.020 8:5.1
Eagle Connecting Rods
Crower Valve Springs(not sure i think i need double valve springs right?)
Crower Retainers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Eh consdiering i mk about 250-300 a week i know its gonna take a little bit to save..but just getting everything sorted out but i can get most parts a little bit cheaper tho....(brother works at a mechine shop)

·
Registered
544 Posts
thats what i make, so go with a vitarias build with some FJT Rods or Tuner Toys and be set, and you will have a 400whp cabaple bottom end, you don't need new springs and retainers unless your getting a cam, and a stock head will work fine most of the time
(what is your power goal)

you have to tell us more basicly haha

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
u dont need any head work....if you are on a low budget get a Tuner toy rods and vitaria piston set up tried and true and CHEAP lol

·
Registered
98 civic
2,429 Posts
TT rods-249
vitara pistons-122.05
stealth mode oil lines-95
cast iron mani-100-150
IC and pipes and couplers-289 from FJT D-series sponsor
ARP head studs-104

a basic setup here

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info idk what kinda power im looking to make yet its a DD but i still wanna have a little sumthing for my brother acura running 12:1 comp all motor ls vtec i dont want sumthing thats gonna beat him just sumthing to stick around with him...

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
Well i plan doing a turbo on my z6 i already have everything picked out i just wanna make sure i dont need anything else or if im doing sumthing wrong let me know?

Wiseco Pistons-.020 8:5.1
Eagle Connecting Rods
Crower Valve Springs(not sure i think i need double valve springs right?)
Crower Retainers
crower doesnt dual valve springs for the d16

·
Registered
537 Posts
I personally think Dual Valve Springs is overkill for most Dseries setups. A good single spring with a proper spring rate will suffice for most N/A and Turbo setips.

·
Registered
544 Posts
yea a vitaras setup with some FJT I-Beem Rods and say if you have the money a GT28RS turbo will have pretty good spool, good power (will be at least 250whp which is way more then any LS/VTEC setup i've seen on the street) and you'll be killing alot of cars, (aka you'll be into the 12's if you have the right tires and can drive, from a stop, and from a roll forgot it)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea my brothers integra is ls vtec bored out to a 2.2 running 12:1 comp but i just bought this coupe an my hatch was a shit box so i sold him the hatch so his motor might be going into that...

·
Banned
56 Posts
8.5:1 comp? Why? If you're not running really high boost (or even if you were with forged internals) you don't need to run such a low comp. ratio. It would seem that with such low comp. ratio you'd have no bottom end throttle response, and we all know Hondas can't stand to lose any more low end. And if you're on a budget and you don't want any more than about 220whp, why even get forged internals? It's definitely good to overbuild, but if you can't afford it just get the turbo kit components for now and build the internals later. As long as you tune it right it won't blow up on you. Even if you did build it and tune it wrong it'll probably still blow up on you.

·
Registered
90 CRX Mini-Me Turbo
464 Posts
one word of advice.... PLEASE DONT GO W/ WISECOS.... the machining on the valvereliefs SUCK the walls on them are paper thin... check this out....

Go w/ Viteras..... That is all

Dr. Mike

·
Registered
544 Posts
if he can afford forged then he should go for it, becuase you get alot better off boost performance plain and simple, and faster spools, and well yea

1 - 20 of 23 Posts