Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey.

I have done building my civic ek3 with d16z6 turbo, and wiring in my standalone ecu! "maxxecu" now for the issue, i go with the oem dizzy as a trigger, but when we try to crank the engine, we get low signal so the car wont start, just backfire. I tried to change the sensor to i newer one, better signal, bur not quite good as my tuner says. wee look into the timing, and the timing is right. So just wondering if some one here know if i can convert my dizzy for another sensor like hall sensor ? i looked into the AEM EPM trigger, but can't buy it from
somewhere :/ and can't even find a trigger kitt for D series.. i am so confused, don't know what to do :p best regards

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Use the 4-1 sensor, like you also need a VR conditioner.

the 36-1 sensor is pretty noisy.

I have no knowledge of this stuff. I just know I need a VR conditioner when I build my D15/D16 for my Honda Insight and use speeduino.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use the 4-1 sensor, like you also need a VR conditioner.

the 36-1 sensor is pretty noisy.

I have no knowledge of this stuff. I just know I need a VR conditioner when I build my D15/D16 for my Honda Insight and use speeduino.

Thx for replying!

4-1 sensor ? most be the one in the bottom of the housing ?
the middle wheel is my trigger 24 tooth wheel
and the top 1 tooth wheel is for home cam sensor

i have installed the cables following: Trigger on the 24 tooth wheel.
and the home cam cables on the 1 tooth wheel.

i gona see if i can get brand new dizzy.

or else ill gona try the speeduino like u said!

do you have some information how to wired the speeduino ?:)

best regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
vr sensors can be fussy is there a chance to install a hall effect sensor?

ya i have big problems with them, i have tried 2 for now, but no luck. i am wondering if that would work, like drill in the housing, i get the hall senor tomrow, so ill gona try to install it, and see if it work's.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
You could probably drill and glue a magnet into the camgear and use a bent piece of steel off the power steering mounting holes of the head to mount the sensor.

If you do not have AC, the crank pulley and timing gear and washer from a newer D series might work. FOr us here in North America, it would be the d16y5, d16y7, or d16y8 engines from 1996 to 2000, as they have factory crankshaft position sensors.

If you go that route, if you do NOT have air conditioning, that is a great spot to mount a sensor bracket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could probably drill and glue a magnet into the camgear and use a bent piece of steel off the power steering mounting holes of the head to mount the sensor.

If you do not have AC, the crank pulley and timing gear and washer from a newer D series might work. FOr us here in North America, it would be the d16y5, d16y7, or d16y8 engines from 1996 to 2000, as they have factory crankshaft position sensors.

If you go that route, if you do NOT have air conditioning, that is a great spot to mount a sensor bracket.

we gona try to drill a hole in the dizzy house and see if we can fit the hall sensor there.
i don't have ac unit :)

ya just wondering if the y8 oil pump fit on the z6 engine, they have an sensor on the crank! but the crank pully ? is that the same one like z6 ?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,504 Posts
we gona try to drill a hole in the dizzy house and see if we can fit the hall sensor there.
i don't have ac unit :)

ya just wondering if the y8 oil pump fit on the z6 engine, they have an sensor on the crank! but the crank pully ? is that the same one like z6 ?
yes the pump will fit .

the crank pulley and timing gear and washer from a newer D series might work. FOr us here in North America, it would be the d16y5, d16y7, or d16y8 engines from 1996 to 2000,

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
2,504 Posts
You'll just have two dipsticks, or have to find a way to plug the hole on the Y8 pump :)
some people are just into that kind of thing..

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,331 Posts
what hole ?

i have done some more re search, i think my timing is way out, ill gona strobe the timing today again and try with the oem dizzy.
Y8 oil pumps have a hole for the OEM dipstick tube to go through.

Z6's do not, their tube is in the block and pokes out between the exhaust manifold.

If you install a Y8 oil pump to your Z6 block, you'll have to deal with the Y8 dipstick tube hole somehow.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

1 - 13 of 13 Posts