Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So rebuilt my D16Z6 last summer using these parts:
  • 75.5 mm Vitara Pistons (So block bored 0.02" over if I remember correctly)
  • P2P0 custom length I-Beam Rods
  • ACL Race Bearings (Crank and Rods)
  • OEM Oil Pump
  • OEM Headgasket
  • ARP Head studs
  • Stock head, just cleaned, new gaskets, lapped valves, surface machined flat (Same with block)

- Everything else, intake, exhaust manifold, sensors, etc are all stock OEM

Recently, I received a T3 turbo (internal wastegate) from my brother, originally for his R32 RB20DET Skyline before he sold it, but I believe is OEM.
(Not my pic)

This upcoming spring I want to pull together all the parts and turbo the Z6 as it runs like a dream and has no problems, it just is underpowered like most NA D-series. Fairly new to turbo stuff, so I have a general idea of what I need to upgrade to support the addition of the turbo, just not exactly what to get.
My power goals are mid 200 hp, as anything past that isn't really necessary.
  • ECU Management: I believe the Hondata S300 would be a good investment regardless, and easy to use for whoever will tune it
  • MAP sensor: I know I will have to upgrade this, not sure who to go with
  • Fuel Pump: Heard good things about Walbro 255, other than it's loud, which I don't care about
  • Fuel Injectors: Thinking that I need somewhere around 450cc, but not sure who to go with
  • Exhaust manifold/downpipe: Would like to keep my A/C, will most likely have to get a slim fan, but have tons of exhaust pipe to make a manifold that fits, and will get a flex pipe in place of the cat
  • Intercooler and piping: Heard that eBay kits work just fine, and I could probably get used ones cheap on FB marketplace
  • BOV: If I don't absolutely need this then I won't worry about it
  • Wastegate: Is internal with the turbo
  • Oil feed line: Will need to get a sandwich adapter at the oil filter, and a feed line to the turbo, where I can get these not sure but could get on FB marketplace
  • Oil pressure sensor and gauge + O2 Wideband: Will get these to make sure the engine is running good and ease of tuning

Anything I'm missing or need to change? Ignition/Spark? Clutch kit? Again, new to turbo goodies, so all suggestions/recommendations are welcome. Thanks 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Registered
I got 1000cc FIC injectors for mine at a fairly decent price. $400 or a little higher. High imp too so no resistor box needed. Why not go higher than you need Incase you want to go further in the future?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got 1000cc FIC injectors for mine at a fairly decent price. $400 or a little higher. High imp too so no resistor box needed. Why not go higher than you need Incase you want to go further in the future?
I easily fall into the "while im there" mentality, so I'm gonna try and stay within my goals for now, as d-series turbo may not stay in my car for the long term, maybe a few years, so I don't need to burn my wallet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts