Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 hatch with a 93 D16Z6 Vtec w/60XXX on it,it has intake header,exhaust,pulleys,plugs and wires.Ii was wondering if it would be safe to do a greddy turbo kit and run around 6-7psi,would the motor take and still be reliable,how much boost could I safetly run,how fast would it run in the 1/4 mile.Any help would be great Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
60k miles is barely anything, you will be fine boosting your car. I would just stay at the stock 5.5 psi setting until you get bigger injectors and better fuel management. With proper tuning and fuel management you can saefly run around 10 psi and have it be very reliable. Not sure what you will run in the 1/4 mile... take it to the track and find out.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a boosted Z6 with over 130K on it for quite a while now(has 142xxx now). I beat the crap out of it and it just keeps taking it for about 12,000 miles so far. Started with a t25 at 7-8psi now I have a 50 trim T3 at 8-9 and it seems happy. AFC hack for now and Uberdata next week if all goes as planned. So yes, go for it and don't worry about it as long as you have your fuel and ign taken care of to some extent, ie. not the greddy shit.

you might be able to pull a 14.0 if you can drive. your car is pretty light so once your off the line it should pull nicely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts