Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyonei have a question i just installed a turbo set up on a d16z6 engine and i did low comp vitaras eagle rods my question iscan i use any boost map sensor for this? and thats because ive heard that a gm blah blah blah i coulduse or theres others out there im planning on going 15 psi and my stock wont hold so i have a denso boost map sensor that came out of a mazda millenia s supercharged i want to know if i can use that or do i really need to buy one??
thanks

Attachments

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
so.....you didn't search at all did you? theres a reason people use the gm. or maybe theres a company out there that makes them plug and play....hondata might come to mind.....but a search would give me that answer, and like you, I too am lazy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did i couldn't find anyrhing and is it just cz of the plug and play? cz i have the pigtail and i dnt mind rewiring would that not work?

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
idk what it is but your post is kinda hard to read.

But you can use any 0v to 5v map sensor as long as you know the scale and you can scale it in your tuning program.

Reason people use the GM sensor is its been used before and values are known, plug in play in software and hardware

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,454 Posts
or Omni, or any of those other brands that have been covered in peoples builds. but you know, the lazy way works too

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks for the answers I just wanted to know if the one I have would work even if it's not a good one since I got this from a supercharged mazda

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Need to know pressure to voltage values or scale as xile posted. If you only know a few values you can infer the rest of the scale if it is a linear scale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts