Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im running a td04l on my d16z6 with stock engine and p28 ecu at the moment, only boosting around 6psi but check engine light comes on and code 3 map sensor appears, i was lead t believe the stock sensor would take around 10psi before any issues? I have a 3 bar map sensor but havent fitted as yet because i cant get it to my tuner for another few weeks, anyway long story cut short why is my map sensor ahowing faulty and is there anything i can do at the moment to get it going? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent had it up to the tuner yet, goes in next month, was just trying to make sure everything was running ok so far, i have a boost guage rigged up at the moment and mbc set to 6psi, will idle allday without the light coming on but when im driving i punch the gas just as i creep from vaccum to boost the light comes on then stutters, what software would you recommend to run ? Or would this be upto the tuner, also should i run the 3bar map sensor when i get it tuned

·
Registered
99 Posts
What sort of gauge are you using by the way? My cheapo $15 Bosch boost gauge will say 16 psi but my MAP sensor will output a reading of 12 psi. While my boost gauge is optimistic, it's possible that yours is reading lower than the actual pressure. Why do you have a manual boost controller for 6 psi? Is the waste gate spring rated for a lower pressure? If so, the MBC is going to cause a boost spike when it does allow pressure to reach the WG spring. That spike could possibly exceed the limit of the factory MAP sensor and throw a CEL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its just a cheap ebay guage ihave on it at the moment, the turbo is stock and hit 14psi when it was on the subaru, ive got a bleed off valve on it to try and bring the boost down low so i could test run i before it goes to get tuned, just do i could iron out any issues before then, cant even get it out my street at the moment without it throwing a cel and hesistating and cutting out

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
stock tune is bad. its meant to get you on the trailer and to the tuner where they tune a proper ecu.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I havent had it up to the tuner yet, goes in next month, was just trying to make sure everything was running ok so far, i have a boost guage rigged up at the moment and mbc set to 6psi, will idle allday without the light coming on but when im driving i punch the gas just as i creep from vaccum to boost the light comes on then stutters, what software would you recommend to run ? Or would this be upto the tuner, also should i run the 3bar map sensor when i get it tuned
And this is why you get tune.
From what you said.
You have a stock p28 with a stock NA map.
So its not setup for boost. Reason why the car is throwong a cel when hitting 0.4psi
And if the car is idling fine then im going to guess you have stock injectors also. Which all this will lead to a blown motot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts