Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to building the bottom end of the z6, all new bearings , sf rods and vitara 75mm piston rods .. after putting everything back together the car starts up and no smokes but won’t hold its own idle have to hold the tb cable , and if I rev it it will just stall out n die .. what do you guys think ? All hoses are on and clamped , turbo spins very slowly on idle. Thinking maybe the map sensor is faulty ? Car was sitting for a month or two
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
19 Posts
Finally got around to building the bottom end of the z6, all new bearings , sf rods and vitara 75mm piston rods .. after putting everything back together the car starts up and no smokes but won’t hold its own idle have to hold the tb cable , and if I rev it it will just stall out n die .. what do you guys think ? All hoses are on and clamped , turbo spins very slowly on idle. Thinking maybe the map sensor is faulty ? Car was sitting for a month or two View attachment 143125
Double check timing? Our done that we were a tooth off.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double check timing? Our done that we were a tooth off.
I’ll see if it might be off , I did make sure I thought , I know o set the distributor with a timing light

as for the idle I had to just about unscrew my idle screw for it to stay idle which didn’t happen before the rebuild . Is it cuz the low comp or something

· Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
1,632 Posts
If it fires then dies its likely not from low compression build, I would pull the iacv and clean it with carb cleaner real well, then put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil, or air tool oil in and let it sit a couple hours, reinstall and see what happens.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it fires then dies its likely not from low compression build, I would pull the iacv and clean it with carb cleaner real well, then put a few drops of 3 in 1 oil, or air tool oil in and let it sit a couple hours, reinstall and see what happens.
Thanks for that . I figured out the idle I had to practically unscrew the idle screw almost all the way for it to stay idle… is that normal? I have the iacv blocked off

· BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
13,154 Posts
no thats not normal. youre supposed to seat it, and back it off 2 full turns.

do that ^^ then spray some carb cleaner around anything that might have a vacuum leak and see if it revs or not

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no thats not normal. youre supposed to seat it, and back it off 2 full turns.

do that ^^ then spray some carb cleaner around anything that might have a vacuum leak and see if it revs or not
if I cover the tb it will shut off , I couldn’t say it’s a leak somewhere but the car has been sittingfor a while and rain may have gotten into a sensor I’m not sure

· Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,830 Posts
Thanks for that . I figured out the idle I had to practically unscrew the idle screw almost all the way for it to stay idle… is that normal? I have the iacv blocked off
If you have the IACV fully blocked off by choice/on purpose, this could be normal.

You didnt by any chance use RTV or silicone for a throttle body gasket, did you?

@robgoof remember when you said something about my downpipe being about an inch away from my radiator?

This guy lol 🤘coolant preheater

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you have the IACV fully blocked off by choice/on purpose, this could be normal.

You didnt by any chance use RTV or silicone for a throttle body gasket, did you?

@robgoof remember when you said something about my downpipe being about an inch away from my radiator?

This guy lol 🤘coolant preheater

View attachment 143134

nah I’m using silicone rtv for the intake manifold thought the tb has a heatgasket . And yolo only pipe they sent in thekit till I go and get a real hood exit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts