Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a question about routing turbo feed line. ive had a oil sandwich plate for quite a while now and a sensor for my gauge oil pressure. still good no leaks and always torqued down whenever changing oil filters.
im going to install my turbo kit soon as soon as i get my other parts ecu and injectors etc. i also need to buy me a turbo feed line.

if i route my turbo feed line what is a good kit to route from the oil sandwich plate to the turbo side? how much length usually the turbo feed line length from sandwich plate to the turbo feed line??
what length of line from the sandwitch plate to the turbo would be enough i need to know when b4 order my turbo lines.

anybody knows? and what kit brands are good im trying to stay away from the ebay turbo feed lines. and return kits..

·
Registered
477 Posts
Greg and Go autoworks has Feed line kits for you needs.

I believe they are 36"

take some wire and run it from Oil sandwich plate to the feed and measure it.

make sure it's not touching anything that will melt it ;-)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I believe they are 36"

oh yes thats a good tip.
okay if i will get my stainless braided steel line are there any insulator sleeves for those lines? just incase it will melt anything and just for another safety if . that would be a good idea if i can find some kind of heat material to cover sleeve the whole lines?? do they make something like that out there?
route the stainless steel lines???

36" if I am not mistaken. Earls, Aeromotive and Vibrant all make excellent lines and fittings.
awsome thanks for the info. btw okay if i buy a stainless steel braided line what size would the thread fittings be? i got a turbonetics t3t4 turbo. i have a oil restrictor on it but don't know what the size for the stainless steel line?

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I'm running -3an no restrictor feeding from sandwitch plate

·
Registered
113 Posts
oh yes thats a good tip.
just incase it will melt anything and just for another safety if . that would be a good idea if i can find some kind of heat material to cover sleeve the whole lines??
So... You definitely don't want your feed line next to anything hot, but at the same time you also don't want braided lines touching any soft metals. And if it is, make sure it doesn't vibrate or have movement. Braided lines can be pretty abrasive.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So... You definitely don't want your feed line next to anything hot, but at the same time you also don't want braided lines touching any soft metals. And if it is, make sure it doesn't vibrate or have movement. Braided lines can be pretty abrasive.
i will try mount it that way, btw do u know if they sell any heat resistant sleeves for these lines small enough to slip inside the oil line?

I'm running -3an no restrictor feeding from sandwitch plate
do u know what exact size length of your turbo feed line line u used???

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've never read of any sort of heat resistant sleeves of insulation type materials. And honestly you probably won't need it as long as you are careful with what its installed next to. If you are worried about heat from your manifold you could wrap the manifold with header wrap. And I suppose you could zip tie that header wrap between any hot surface and the feed line. Might look kinda crappy though. If you did go that route another concern is the abrasive qualities of the header wrap. That stuff is filled with fiberglass which could be just as bad as the braided lines rubbing on things.

At any rate, I think your slightly over thinking the safety measures. Just making sure the feed line isn't touching anything hot or aluminum should be all you're worried about. Your concern on the matter makes me think you've got this dialed though. Let us know if you do come up with some ingenious safeguards though.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts

I believe they are 36"

ditto, I learned that the hard way just by getting lazy... Go autoworks has everything you need

·
Registered
369 Posts
The kits at Go-Autoworks are great. I had the Go-Autoworks kit (feed and drain) in -3AN and -10AN respectively. I just sold it cause I went a different route. I measured my Go-Autoworks kit before I sold it, and end to end the feed was ~40" and the return was 12". Disclaimer: I bought that feed/return kit about three years ago, so things may be slightly different now.

Or you can piece your own together from a number of websites. I pieced mine together from Summit. Running a -4AN unrestricted feed, and -12AN drain, with an HX35/H1C topmount. I bought 36" SS Braided and that was plenty.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I routed mine towards the timing belt side. And used a 36" braided line. Best advice i can give is dont mess with the oil presshre switch. You can strip and break that thread to easy. Use a good sandwich plate, i used a ebay one and it didnt fit tight enough to s...queeze the gasket.

·
Two men shy of a group
1,312 Posts
even if they do make sleeving for the feed lines i wouldnt worry about it because the hottest part that the line will be close to is the exhaust manifold, right where the line goes into the turbo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts