Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im currently reading and researching online about turbo setups and AN line fittings for the turbo feed lines. i got a built d16z6 vitara/eagle rods built for turbo soon. i already bought a turbokit with a turbonetics t3t4 turbo setup.

i believe the turbo feed line that goes from my oil sandwatch plate to my turbo feed line is AN 4 size. i will hook up the feed to the sandwitch plate i recently bought that is already on the car.
would it be a good idea to install a inline oil cooler in the turbo feed line side?
ive looked online for an oil cooler that has an AN 4 fitting connection on the oil cooler but no lucK?

im planning on running the oil cooler before it goes to the turbo.
anybody did this setup?
AN4 i cant find a oil cooler with that oil cooler size.
the one ive seen are the AN 10 fittings for an oil cooler.
is there an AN 10 fitting adapter to AN 4 adapter?

so i can run the AN 10 oil cooler and inline it between the AN4 for my stainless steel braided line feed lines??

please can anyone let me know
if what best way to do this i want to run the oil cooler for the feed line?
did anybody did a setup?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Just NO.

oil coolers are normally bigger size hose because they need the flow.
You wont be able to find one that small. (at lest i havent)

Either way it wouldnt be point less as the heat comes from the turbo so the drain is really where its needed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi im currently reading and researching online about turbo setups and AN line fittings for the turbo feed lines. i got a built d16z6 vitara/eagle rods built for turbo soon. i already bought a turbokit with a turbonetics t3t4 turbo setup.

i believe the turbo feed line that goes from my oil sandwatch plate to my turbo feed line is AN 4 size. i will hook up the feed to the sandwitch plate i recently bought that is already on the car.
would it be a good idea to install a inline oil cooler in the turbo feed line side?
ive looked online for an oil cooler that has an AN 4 fitting connection on the oil cooler but no lucK?

im planning on running the oil cooler before it goes to the turbo.
anybody did this setup?
AN4 i cant find a oil cooler with that oil cooler size.
the one ive seen are the AN 10 fittings for an oil cooler.
is there an AN 10 fitting adapter to AN 4 adapter?

so i can run the AN 10 oil cooler and inline it between the AN4 for my stainless steel braided line feed lines??

please can anyone let me know
if what best way to do this i want to run the oil cooler for the feed line?
did anybody did a setup?
Quick search.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/112080-oil-cooler-before-my-turbo.html
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/10244-turbo-oil-cooler.html

How you make it work is up to you. Im sure finding adapters to fit the specific coolers you are looking at aren't hard to find either.

Just NO.

oil coolers are normally bigger size hose because they need the flow.
You wont be able to find one that small. (at lest i havent)

Either way it wouldnt be point less as the heat comes from the turbo so the drain is really where its needed.
Note the first or second comment by Danz in the first link. An oil cooler in a turbo drain sounds like blown seals waiting to happen.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Quick search.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/112080-oil-cooler-before-my-turbo.html
http://www.d-series.org/forums/forced-induction/10244-turbo-oil-cooler.html

How you make it work is up to you. Im sure finding adapters to fit the specific coolers you are looking at aren't hard to find either.

Note the first or second comment by Danz in the first link. An oil cooler in a turbo drain sounds like blown seals waiting to happen.
yea i know that. Just thats the only placement that would make sense to me since your cooling the super heated oil before it returns to the pan.

·
Registered
113 Posts
yea i know that. Just thats the only placement that would make sense to me since your cooling the super heated oil before it returns to the pan.
Oh for sure, and that was covered a couple times in those threads. I think if someone had some money to throw around the EXA-mini pump would be a good investment and fit a post turbo cooler setup quite well. But then you've got a pump failure to worry about. Not bad for a track car but probably not street material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts