Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought i would share the build, in case there are folks out there with a similar build curious at the horsepower numbers on pump 93.

d16z6
76mm 9.5:1 arias turbo pistons
ebay *********** ram manifold
Eagle rods
Brian Crower Springs and retainers
stock port head
stock port throttle body and intake manifold
Holset hx35 BEP .70 AR housing
ID1000
Comp 272 Turbo Cam
tuned on Hondata s300 V3

nothing really special about this build, pretty much a cookie cutter z6 turbo build. pump gas 93 and 26psi
maxed out the 3 bar map. may have more in it if i upgraded my map sensor, and recommended to upgrade the intake manifold and throttle body.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on this build. Sleeves split. 3 out of the 4. we did a test knowing the sleeves (76mm) cant handle this power of whether or not a block guard would help or not.
not a very scientific test because i only had 2 blocks to go through. 76mm bore golden eagle block guard was the first motor with the dyno pulls. it lasted a dyno tune day, 4 street pulls, and 2 top speed runs before sleeves 1, 2, and 4 split.

Another d16z6 block (76mm) same tuning AFR and roughly the same ambient temp (florida spring) no block guard made it one street pull before sleeve 2 split.

Take that as you will, new engine has darton sleeves with 75.5 weiscos 8.4:1 comp same everything else. will likely not push it over 20lbs until its tuned on e85.

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,338 Posts
Agreed, split sleeves sounds like too much timing.

Reactions: robgoof
1 - 7 of 7 Posts