Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i want to turbo my d16z6 and i want to do it right the first time. I've been noticing that everybody has there own little things but i want to know the best parts so far all i have is: Wiseco pistons for 8:5:1 comp ratio
Eagle Rods
ACL Bearings
Gates kevlar timing belt
Resleeve my block
Hondata for computer
555cc injectors
AEM fuel rail
upgrade fuel pump
ARP headstuds
ZEX 59300 cam
3 angle valve grind
and that is all i have i dont know what valves to use springs or retainers map or o2 sensor. i dont know what brand injectors are the best nor fuel pump. and im not sure what all else needs to be replaced any help would be great when done i want to be push 350whp.

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And im not sure what would be the best clutch to use for this kind of power. After all this is my dd and i live in cali and when all done dont want to much hassel to smog

·
Registered
175 Posts
And im not sure what would be the best clutch to use for this kind of power. After all this is my dd and i live in cali and when all done dont want to much hassel to smog
Once you slap on the turbo it will no longer be smog legal unless you buy a 50 state carb legal turbo kit like the edlebrock performer x. For $3500.

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
For power goals i'd like to be pushing 275-300whp. The smog thing i knew about the turbo and i was actually going to purchase a smog legal turbo setup. Are they any good? For a budget i'd really like to not exceed 5,000 if at all possible. Because i know to build the motor itself is going to cost around 2500 or more.

·
Registered
95 Ej/94 Zx9r Ninja
8 Posts
My 91 sedan z6 turbo motor was similar to your build list Almost to the point I ran 450s with a walboro190 and tuned it for 226whp you might wanna get ahold of a set of 550s or 680s and a walboro 255 if your shootin for the 300 range so you know fuel isn't gonna be a problem

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help man. What about all the MAP and other sensor stuff i havent really been able to figure out the whole computer sensors stuff as far as what im suppose to change or what not.

·
Registered
95 Ej/94 Zx9r Ninja
8 Posts
Once I went over 15lbs I went to a gm 3bar worked great and a I had an xenocron ecu.. myself among others have taken d series boost motors over 300-400 on stock sleeves if your stayin at your tune then you can save your money for the other parts your gonna need wiseco is a trusting name but the vitaras are a good buy as well and cheaper I used eagle/vitara combo

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya. thanks man im going to sleeve just to have that security when its all said and done

·
Registered
95 Ej/94 Zx9r Ninja
8 Posts
I had the same zex cam that you posted..I ran a stock fuel rail but I had a skunk2 pro series intake and 60mm tb but your stock intake will be fine the hondata will be a good buy too I wish I had had hondata on my build after seeing my buddy use it for his setup..i had a fresh head p&p oe valvetrain worked fine too but they were on my mind when I was revving out so possibly with the saved sleeve money order the supertech or skunk2 valvetrain kit I had my oe o2 sensor and then my wideband sensor

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are there any other sensors that have to be changed or swapped out. Do you know any good websites to purchase some of this stuff

·
Registered
95 Ej/94 Zx9r Ninja
8 Posts
All your sensors are gonna be the same besides switching to the gm maf I'll link ya that later your already obd1 so no conversion wires should be needed.. Do some research on how you want to do boost control with the hondata my buddy uses a gm boost control solenoid I did as well on my last Dsm and turbo civ..get some good gaskets too I like the hondata intake and a good cometic headgasket

·
Registered
95 Ej/94 Zx9r Ninja
8 Posts
Look around into your area on good places for a dynotune in my area I like to go to tachyon or dkgoodrich never go cheaP on your tune

·
Registered
95 Ej/94 Zx9r Ninja
8 Posts
DO NOT get an eBay tubular manifold they will break off at the wastegate flange or the turbo flange pure junk if ya go eBay get a cast manifold but you can find a brand name cast manifold on h-t for a good price no eBay wastegate either get a tial or a performance equivalent..look into your turbo choices too keep in mind the spool rate depending on what your into I like a quick spool I had a 50 trim that gave me no enjoyment compared to the spool rate of using a good mhi16g or a close range to that good power producer but still a quick spooler

·
Registered
175 Posts
Also if you ared going to stay at 300hp sleeving the block isn't needed ... and you could use vitara pistons and fjt or p2p0 custom length rods both good for hp you want and cost as much as those weisco pistons ... there are 2 carb legal kit one is made by greddy $1800 whcih I think is discontinued. And the other is made by edlebrock $3500.. what part of cali do you live in I know a place who does a good dyno tune with neptune for 300$

·
Registered
92 vx hatch
95 Posts
yeah, the one thing you should spend the extra money and time on is the tune. nothing worse than watching all that work go to a pile of assorted scrap metal

·
Registered
95 civic ex sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya i will get it tuned my buddies told me a good guy down in sac that doesnt mess around when it comes down to that kind of thing. And he dyno tunes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts