Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking into purchasing an Apexi turbo kit for a d16z6 and was wondering if it'll also fit on a D16y8. I called Apexi and they werent sure about compatibility so i was wondering if any in the forum would know. Another thing i am concered about is if anyone could give me an idea on how hard it is to maintain a turbo. what has to be done and if it would lessen the engine life. I would appreciate any input on this. thanks.

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
it will bolt on. but any electronics included in the kit may not work. you might want to just consider getting it and doing a conversion to a p28.

as long as you run safe boost with a good tune, your engine life shouldn't be affected.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything should bolt up properly. Get a p28 ecu and chip it then a conversion harness.

If you tune the engine properly, the engine will not suffer in reliabilty or in lifetime. But if you abuse it and/or raise the psi obviously your stock block may not take it. Get a compression test done first before you boost. Maintaining the turbo isn't hard, but I would have a back up car/beater to get to work just incase something happens such as an oil leak. If you search on the forums I'm sure you will find a bunch of info regarding boost. Goodluck.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Can I ask why you don't just buy one for the y8?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
someone was selling me one for a nice price. couldnt resist looking into it since i did plan on going turbo next summer. figured if a good deal came along, why not go for it as long as its compatible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts