Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I know it's retarded to go down but for right now I need this car running due to work. I got a 94 civic ex with a d16z6 but that motors no good, I have a d15b6 sitting around can I just slap that on without any issues or do I have to madify some stuff in order to make it work. Just keep in mind this only temporary till I save up some more cash to swap a BETTER motor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's off an crx HF the tranny I'll b using the one off the Z6... As for the Z6 the piston rings are no good and when it's driving after 15 min it just dies, after a certain time it'll start back up... But till I rebuild that motor or get a b series (still debating) I just want to slap on that d15 to get to work an back

·
Registered
71 Posts
Im not 100% sure you can use the same axles hopefully someone will chime in and be a better help than me...I only asked about the tranny because for some reason I thought a HF came with a 4 speed but I remembered it was only on a 88-91 civic std..

On another note I have grew too dig the d motors so IMO I would rebuild the z6 make it a beast...we just swapped my wife's a6 for a z6 in her si I like it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I've herd (also not 100% sure) is that after the 88's the splines changed.. N I sort of believe it cuz when I had an 88 civic HB I tried putting on a tranny from a 90 and wouldnt fit... Now I knew y... This d15 is off a 90 crx, so they say it does fit... Changing the subject a lil have you ever tried that JDM ZC? Now that's a fun single cammed, high compression, non vtec... Fun motor... But now I'm driving a GSR integra and this d16z6 to a D15b6 issue is for my brother in law... That ZC is no joke

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wouldn't bother even if it just temporary going obo1 to obo0 is a lot more involved than you think. Even if you stay obd1 the motor will run like crap without a tune. I might be better sell in d15b6 to a hypermiler and sourcing another z6 or d15b.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts