Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to know why my thermostat housing from the automatic d16z6 I own has two extra pipes in it where coolant come out of, yet there is nowhere for them to go where my old manual d16z6 was...the areas where you can attach the hoses would go to a 5/16ths hose. If anyone could help me find out why it is different between the two engines and if I could just plug them or use a hose clamp to close them at the ends.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,544 Posts

does it look like that?

one line goes to heater core, the other goes to the head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. My thermostat housing looks exactly like that and I understand where those hoses go. Please let me ask another question.

The big water pipe that runs across the back of the engine - My old engine has one 5/16 water hose that comes off this big pipe and goes up to the bottom of a solenoid looking thing on the back of the air manifold. My new engine has three 5/16 water hoses that come off that big water pipe. I plumbed one into the air manifold. The other two have no home.
Old engine was manual. New engine was automatic.

Can I just plug these? or loop them to each other?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,544 Posts

one is iacv, one is intake mani, and the other is fitv. if you don't have the extra stuff, just loop them

Reactions: robgoof

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

one is iacv, one is intake mani, and the other is fitv. if you don't have the extra stuff, just loop them

On the engine there are three places for hose all bunched together where there is only the single on the connecting pipe. It seems as if it is just a connecting pipe it would not matter if I looped it right? Also thank you very much for your help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts